23)

Wren

I smiled as Branson released a sigh, his hands tightening around my waist where he had been holding me the whole night through. My usually chilled skin was warm next to his body, and even with all the events that had been happening around me...I felt protected for the moment.

My eyes left the sky that was erupting with color, choosing to turn my attention to my bedmate. His jaw was stubbled over, eyelashes fanned out against his cheek, each one an ebony shadow against his porcelain skin.

"Hmm," He groaned, burying his head in my hair. "Don't want it to be morning..."

I smiled, loving the sleepy, cuddly boy Branson had turned into. Usually he was quiet, stern, and intimidating. But at that moment, he was soft and sweet.

"How'd you sleep?" He yawned, dropping kisses on my head.

I shifted, turning slightly so I could see his face. He brushed his thumb down the side of my cheek, and suddenly all I could focus on was the breath that fanned across my face, and his pretty lips.

And then, somehow, my hands were in his dark hair, tugging as his lips slotted against me. His tongue poked at my mouth, and I went slack against his chest as fire crackled against every nerve in my body. Glorious heat spread across every inch of my skin, but it was so addictive I couldn't force myself away.

One of his hands cupped my bottom, hoisting me closer, pressing us against each other. He squeezed slightly, making me jump, but he only smiled, tilting his face to place kisses down the side of my neck.

A small whimper left my mouth, and a faint tinge of color swept over my cheeks. His eyes looked soft, like I was some kind of flower he was protecting.

"You are such a delicate creature," He told me in between kisses. "Strong, yet so very fragile..."

I tucked my face into his neck, feeling flustered and too hot. I felt something a bit hard poke my leg, and I about melted in a puddle.

"No, don't hide from me," Branson lightly chided, forcing me to meet his eyes.

Warmth spread from my lips, burning hotter and hotter as he nipped and sucked, pulling me deeper and deeper into the kiss. His tongue flicked out, brushing against the seam, and I hesitantly did as he wanted, letting his tongue slip into my mouth.

The door clicked open, and I jerked away in surprise, coloring so dark my face could be mistaken for an over-ripe tomato. I had never been so embarrassed, and yet neither Branson, nor Sal looked perturbed. Sal flushed light pink, contrasting with his light silver colored shirt and coat. His eyes darted between us, before the hint of a smile eased his features, softening his gaze.

"May I join?" He inquired, leaning against the door.

"I would enjoy it very much, how about you, Wren?" Branson grinned mischievously.

I would have said no, since I wasn't comfortable going very far, but I was also curious. And besides that...Well, I knew for a fact that both boys cared for me and would stop if I wanted them to. And...

Sal looked so hopeful. I could see it in the way he was slightly hunched over, yearning to touch, to kiss, to love, yet careful not to push it too far. And Branson...he seemed eager and playful, something I wasn't used to. The dominance was rolling off of him in waves, but instead of frightening me, it seemed to reassure me that I was safe and nothing bad would happen.

With a small smile, I ducked my head, giving both of my lovers satisfaction. Branson turned me so I would have an easier time seeing Sal. And then everything was a flurry. Branson kissed down the sides and back of my neck, sucking and nipping my skin. Sal assaulted my mouth, moving his lips against mine in a sultry dance. He tasted like summer days - sunshine and warm breezes, flowers and honey...