Chapter 09 - Sweet Corn Soup

Start from the beginning

His lips curved to a satisfied smile.

"Your hypothermia condition is recovered now, and good news! your fever is going down," he patted my head and covered me with sheets. "You are suffering from malnutrition, which is why you have fainted." The doctor then switched his gaze to Captain Smith who was standing next to me.

"I think she will be able to eat some solid food If you please,"

The older man immideitly replied to him without any hesitation, "Of course doctor, I will order her some hot soup right away," he said, earning a nod of approval from the doctor who stood up to take his leave.

"How is the girl, how's she doing?" I asked in a croaky voice, curious about what happened to her.

"She is still unconscious but her condition is not fetal, she will recover soon, all thanks to you," My cheeks flushed red with his compliment.

"Me-me...?" I felt overwhelmed.

He beamed, "If it wasn't for you she would have died from either drowning or undergoing severe hypothermia" Without knowing my dry lips formed into a genuine smile, it was a mixture of happiness and pride.

For the first time in a while, I had done something I could be proud of myself, something I did not regret.

"You did well my dear," the captain said following the doctor from behind, he presented with one last smile before leaving and disappeared.

I stared at the white-painted walls, diving into deep thoughts.

I saved a life.

I was reckless but that maybe caused me to jump to a risky decision like I did.

My thoughts shattered as they were bothered by a knock on the door. Without waiting for me to answer the door opened quietly, making sure to not make much noise. I curiously glanced at the person who entered the room. It has been only a few minutes since the captain and the doctor left this cabin.

My eyebrows raised with surprise as I recognize him as the person from last night.

It was him.

A slight panic overflooded me as I see him walking towards me, holding a tray with a bowl and a spoon on it. I couldn't deny the fact that I felt butterflies when I saw him. This time I wasn't watching him from afar or in the dim light, I got a perfect picture of him standing in front of me.

A white shirt was folded up to his elbow. The upper button was undone, exposing a bit of his milky skin. The black comfortable pants completed his looks. Even if it was a simple outfit, it made him look outstanding. His ebony hair was covering his forehead, giving a ravishing touch to his already gorgeously handsome face. I shrugged off my silly thoughts as he spoke to me.

"Captain Smith has ordered some food for you, he said that you must eat well to regain your strength. " He flashed a smile at me and placed the tray of food on the stand near my bed. I tried to lean on my back. Seeing me struggling, he quickly offered help. His arms pulled me up and carefully hovered me on the pillow that was placed against the headrest of the bed. He was careful like he was holding something delicate.

I weakly smiled at him, mumbling a thank you.

"There you go," he placed the tray of food on my lap, "You should drink when it's hot,". The soup was fresh and hot, steamy air rose as I blew it. My hand reached for the spoon. The shakiness of my hand caused the soup to spill all over the tray. I groaned with slight embarrassment. The guy was standing and watching me without uttering a word.

I went for another round of effort, trying not to spill the soup this time.

Well, my hands just seem like they won't oblige me, as for the second attempt, it too failed miserably, causing another spoon of soup to splatter.

After watching me, the man decided to lend me a hand. I bet he felt pity while looking at me. He sat down near me on the bed and took the tray to his lap. He removed the spoon from my hand and took it.

"I'll feed you, you are still recovering," he said with a small smile and twinkling orbs. I couldn't say no to him seeing how kind he was. He took a spoon of soup and blew it, after cooling it he slowly closened it to my lips.

It was the first thing I tasted after a day.

I chew the tasty corn and gulped down the first spoon greedily. It was sweet and one of the best I've tasted. Seeing that I was waiting for more, the man chuckled and continued to feed me a few more spoons until I felt my headache fading away.

"It's really good," I said, taking in another spoon he fed me.

"Can't beat that, it's corn soup, Al bacico" I chuckled as he said. "You speak Italian?" he nodded with a mischievous grin.

Sweet Corn Soup

"I know some words," he gazed at me

"I know some words," he gazed at me. "How are you feeling now?"

"Better than ever,"

The atmosphere was pleasant, through the dangling curtains, I saw the bluish horizon, it was like a picture drawn by an artist, truly glorious. It was like one of those perfect places where two soulmates finally meet each other as they were destined to.

"I'll leave you to rest then Miss..." he looked at me to catch my name. I let out a small sigh before saying,

"Park Y/n" I turned to him. " I never caught your name," the raven-haired man curved his thin rosy lips to form a smile before saying,

"I am Jeon Jungkook"

That was the name of my saviour

Jeon Jungkook ...

That name remains in my heart eternally.

Hope you liked this chapter I am currently down with flu but I'll be alright ;) ugh, I really wish I had some Corn soup too, guys trust me, it's one of the best loll. Hope you all are doing safe and sound.

Let's meet in the next chapter

See y'all 💜