4 - the sweetest laugh

Antonia's POV

"Morning." I said to Sam as I let myself slide down the wall and then sat down on the floor.

"Good morning." He replied, sounding happy.

"Why are you so happy?"

"It's a wonderful day. The sun is shining, it's warm outside aaaand we're not having English lesson with Mrs. Jones today. All in all it's a great day." He told me.

"Ouhh and who is our substitution teacher?" I asked him, getting excited.

"Ms. Díaz."

There's only one Ms. Díaz and it is thee Ms. Díaz.
Fuck.

"Mkay" I mumbled and started to scroll through my phone.

"Don't you like her?" He asked.

"I don't know her so I can't answer that question properly." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah right... But she's nice plus she looks good." Sam told me. Well, he has a point with that but why does he know that she's nice? I kept quiet for a bit but then I asked him.

"I once talked to her and she seemed pretty nice." Sam shrugged his shoulders.

Why can't I talk to her? Just one time?

"Hey." Hailey said and sat down on the floor next to me.

"Hi." I responded dryly.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"I'm not that motivated for today."

"I don't get her. I just told her that we're not even having English class with Mrs. Jones since she's not there but she still acts like that." Sam said.

"Who are we having instead?" Hailey asked him.

"Ms. Díaz." He told her and Hailey quickly looked back at me while grinning like an idiot.

'Shut up' I mouthed to her.

She shook her head 'no'.

I came out alive of History class so there was a twenty minute break until the next class and that was English - with Ms. Díaz...

In break the girls, Sam, Daniel and I sat in the classroom, waiting for the first ringing of the bell and as soon as the bell rang, we walked out of the classroom and waited for her to come.

A few minutes later, she walked into our direction. Hailey also saw her and slightly hit my arm, making me look at Ms. Díaz.

Ms. Díaz walked past us, into the classroom. She sat down on the chat behind the desk and soon the classroom was filled with students.

She moved her hands up, signaling for us to get up and say good morning.

"Good morning." Ms. Díaz smiled.

"Good morning Ms. Díaz." Everyone said before sitting down again.

"I've got some papers for y'all. Please take it serious - it's going to be a part of the next class test." She told us.

"I thought that this is going to be a substitution hour full of doing nothing." I whispered to Hailey.

"She goes straight at it..." Hailey chuckled.

Ms. Diaz handed everyone a paper and we all ended up being totally confused.

"What is that?" Sam asked.

"We did not do this yet." Anna told Ms. Díaz.

"Then I'm gonna show you how to do it." She smiled. "Would you like to read it out loud." She asked Anna.

Anna read it out loud and Ms. Díaz started showing us a few examples for it. We then tried it by ourselves but the most of us didn't got it yet so she had to explain it again.

As soon as I finished the paper, I turned around to talk to Chloe, Anna and Leah who were sitting directly behind me.

"Can somebody please open the window? I'm about to die." Hailey said as she also turned around.

Leah did what Hailey just requested and hurt her self as the window brushed against her arm.

"We need help. Leah's bleeding." Anna joked.

Ms. Díaz walked over to us, looking if it's really that bad.

"God you're right. Seems like she's about to die." Ms. Díaz laughed.

Oh god - She literally has the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard.