Chapter 59 A Mission With Another Royal? Again?

Start from the beginning

Matto gave Sarutobi an incredulous look and gestured at Naruto as he asked "And you want him in close proximity to them sir? Do you want the client to be pranked twelve ways to Sunday?"

Sarutobi chuckled and said "As tempting as I'm sure that will be to watch, I believe having an instant army on call outweighs any potential chaos. Also, I shall remain the Prince's contact with our team while the three of you focus as perimeter defense. Chunnin Tano, if your summons are willing, I would appreciate you serving in an over watch position while Chunnin Hirzen and Jounin Uzumaki remain on the ground with the convoy split between them while Jounin Uzumaki's clones provide a first line of defense."

"Yes sir." The three said with a nod of acknowledgement to the senior Jounin.

Time Skip: Rendezvous With Caravan

Four eagles flew through the air over a rocky desert. Underneath no less than fifty horse drawn wagons trundled their way across the hard but relatively smooth terrain, throwing up small dust clouds as they went.

"All of that for two members of royalty?" Matto called gesturing down at the convoy below them.

"Heza did say His Majesty is materialistic." Naruto called back as he observed the convoy below him with a small frown, working out how many clones he would need for a proper security force for such a large convoy.

"That's a lot of souvenirs then." Matto said with a frown gesturing in the direction of the island of Crescent Moon Kingdom, or more specifically, the ocean seperating it from the main land as he continued "They'll need a pretty big ship to get all of that home if they're bringing the carts, the horses, and their drivers with them."

"I am certain the Prince has the details well in hand Chunnin Hirzen." Sarutobi called before he made a downwards gesture and continued "For now, let us present ourselves to our employee."

"Please land about thirty feet in front of the first wagon Kazeon." Heza requested her current mount and the eagle nodded before it circled, the other three eagles following its lead as it moved back over the head of the convoy before diving.

Within a minute, the four eagles were back winging in order to briefly hover directly above the ground before they set their feet on the ground and folded their wings.

Apparently, random shinobi showing up had happened often enough that the convoy leader was now jaded enough that all their entrance warranted to him was a raised eyebrow.

He had his two horses keep walking until they were five feet from them before he pulled on their reins bringing them to a stop. Idly crossing his arms, he asked them "You our protection?"

"We are indeed." Sarutobi said with a nod.

The man scoffed and said "The last group lasted six days. Try to stick with us longer a'ight?"

Sarutobi gave him a wry grin and said "Don't worry, after dealing with him since he was four, I have a long fuse."

Naruto put on an exaggerated pout when Sarutobi pointed at him while Heza and Matto both snickered.

The caravan leader though merely drawled out a "Riiight" before he jerked his thumb over his shoulder and said "The Prince's Carriage is the fourth one behind mine. Go have a talk with him then we can get going again."