Chapter 46

Port Kirian

Port Kirian was the Land of Fire's northern most trading port. Stationed on a five mile long peninsula with a line of a hundred foot tall steep artificial hills making entrance by land only possible in two spots that had gates similar to the country's hidden village, it was used mainly by merchants who used the port as a secure base of operations in the area. Due to its size and its strategic position there was a moderately sized army base at its center and a task force of ten Navy destroyer class ships constantly patrolling the area with fifteen more smaller ships stationed in a horseshoe picket formation around the surrounding waters making any attempt to attack the port tantamount to suicide.

The carriage carrying the future ruler of the Land of Snow and her escort pulled up to the entrance of the port used by the military and everyone got out as the guards posted there did a security check. Once they were done checking the personnel and moved to checking the carriage itself and the horses, Admiral Matsuki said "Gentlemen, ladies, while we wait for these fine young men to finish their job, allow me to give you a first look at the ship that will be taking you to your destination." Turning to the right hill, he walked over to a heavily fortified door set inside of it and the others followed him inside into a tunnel that went through to the other entrance and a staircase on their left that went all the way to the top of the hill. Climbing ten flights of stairs, they then climbed a ladder that led to an open trapdoor.

The group came out in a fifty foot tall sentries tower that gave an observer an eagle's eye view of both the port and the surrounding area. Walking up to the edge, the Admiral pointed to a ship docked at the very tip of the peninsula and said "There's your ride gentlemen, the LFNS Infinity." Everyone but Sarutobi felt their jaws drop a little as they stared at the ship that was easily the biggest military ship in the port.

"The 'Grey Ghost' herself, the Daimyo is serious about taking out Doto's regime." Sarutobi said as he eyed the crown jewel of the Navy. The ship was easily around eight hundred feet long with a pointed bow widening to somewhere around a hundred feet wide before tapering down to about twenty feet at the end. The bridge was positioned in the direct middle of the ship and rose a good forty feet into the air. But what really got people's attention were twenty of what were obviously weapons spread across the deck. There were also three very sturdy looking cranes that looked like those used to load cargo ships beside what appeared to be elevators that went down to a lower deck.

Admiral Matsuki looked at the ship in pride as he said "The Infinity is our most advanced ship, the first Leviathan class. Alpha Numeric Designation: LV-1, it is a new breed of battleship. It's a sleek hulled, medium weight vessel. One hundred eight feet wide and eight hundred and nine feet long, her deck is made out of one hundred percent chakra lumber." All of Team 7 chocked on air at the fact that such a large quantity of the extremely expensive wood was used and the admiral smirked before he continued. "Her hull is a blend of high grade steel and chakra metal imported from the Land of Iron. It displaces twenty five thousand tons when fully loaded and has a maximum range of twelve thousand miles. It's top speed is thirty two and a half knots. (37 M.P.H.) With the help of Lord Jiraiya of the Sannin, her hull has had seals applied that makes it virtually indestructible due to the chakra metal constantly absorbing the ambient chakra around it. These coupled with thirty solar energy to chakra conversion seals stationed on top of the bridge give it a chakra shield that is just as good as the chakra armor you will be encountering in the Land of Snow. However, this method of shielding cannot be applied to anything smaller than the Infinity and the Daimyo is hoping that if we study the technological aspects of chakra shielding it can help us tone down the size needed when it comes to doing so by seals. Which would be very much appreciated since the power generation for this model of shielding is enormous."