chapter 17 Call of Duty: End Game

Forest in the Land of Waves

Naruto was currently running towards the clearing where his teammates were training.

"Was it really wise to tell him that we knew?" His father asked as they came into the clearing.

Naruto got a slight frown before responding. 'Truthfully? No clue. I honestly don't know what on earth made me do that. While it would be nice to actually be friends with him, the truth is he will most likely be an enemy. Although if we follow through with our plan that should be a moot point. I'm actually looking forward to finding out if he comes again tomorrow.'

His father nodded before saying "Well, at least we know that we will most definitely be meeting him in four days. By the way, how long do you plan to keep that little blockade of yours up?"

He was talking about the line of shadow clones that even now were still in existence forming a line in between the Land of Waves and the main shipping lane next to it. These clones were the real reason Naruto needed so much of his father's chakra. They were spread out the furthest from the original than any of the others and were staying in existence much longer as well.

Naruto considered and said 'At least till we fight Zabuza again. I'm planning on going to Gato's last base on this island and placing a bug on their radio antennae. I'll send what ever info I receive about shipments to them by shadow clone memory. We never know how Gato will change his ship's routes to try and avoid us. Though I am seriously starting to wonder if I should still make him sweat or end it right now. On one hand, it would definitely get rid of the midget quicker. On the other hand, the longer I wait to take out that base, the more ships I can intercept. And not all of those ships are carrying inanimate objects in their cargo holds.' Naruto's tone got very dark toward the end of the last sentence.

Naruto could sense his father's mood darken as well when he said that last sentence.

"Definitely keep them around then. The more ships we capture the better."

Naruto nodded before he once again added another ten pounds to each of his weights and shot up the rock climbing wall. He didn't stop running the obstacle course for a full hour and a half leaving his two teammates wondering just what race of super humans he was a descendant of.

During lunch, Naruto left the clearing and headed to the one area he had not stepped foot near. Five minutes of walking out of the clearing he went into enemy territory stealth mode moving fast yet silent. Ten minutes later he came upon the building.

Naruto cocked his head when he caught sight of the strange building. It was a building that was suspended about three stories in the air by ropes to the near trees with ropes also leading to the forest floor to keep it anchored that way as well. It was about seven or eight stories tall with the first story shaped like a wide soup bowl with a large ramp leading to the forest floor and an entrance at the second and third stories leading to platforms in the trees. The rest of the stories were shaped like a cone until it tapered off to a flat top. There were only a few windows in the entire building.

What really got Naruto's attention was the tree that the place had been built around. It was nothing special but the fact that it was sticking through the base with just twenty feet at max on the other side of it was just weird to Naruto who wondered why anyone would even bother building around the tree for that little space. (Check Naruto volume 3 page 19 for the actual picture.)