chapter 24 Jinchurikki Clash

Chunnin Exams:

"Now then, you all have a month until your matches. Train hard and prepare new strategies to defeat your opponent because you can be sure they will be as well."

With that, the old man shushined away as the Jounin came to talk to their students who had passed.

Kakashi came up with an eye smile and said "Well done you three. You guys were the only leaf team to have all of its members pass to the third round. But that aside, we need to get you guys ready for your matches that are coming up. I am going to find suitable teachers for you guys. Meet at Training Ground 7 at eight tomorrow morning."

Sakura and Sasuke looked confused and Sakura asked "But Kakashi-sensei, why can't you just train us all?"

Kakashi eye smiled before saying "I'm afraid it's the rules. A Jounin sensei can not train more than one of his students who has passed to the third exam. That way no one has any unfair advantages since everyone has the potential of fighting everyone else. Now then, does anyone want to come with me or are you guys going to stay here for a little longer?"

Sakura and Sasuke decided to leave with Kakashi while Naruto wanted to stay, claiming that he wanted to talk to Iruka and Mizuki. It wasn't a complete lie.

Putting a hand on each of the rook's shoulders, Kakashi said "See you tomorrow Naruto." before he shushined away.

Naruto watched as the rest of the Genin teams whose members were still in the room hooked up with their Jounin team leaders and head back out to the forest or allowing the Jounin to shushin out of the area as well. He noted absently that the Sand team decided to go through the forest again.

Hinata waved to him with a smile which Naruto returned before Kurenai shushined her team out.

Mizuki and Iruka had walked up to him while this was going on. Both were wearing smiles, but Mizuki's turned teasing as he said "So you finally got around to kissing her eh? I'd say its about time. Our little Naruto's finally grown up."

Naruto cocked his head as he replied.

"Me and my team was the only one from the leaf to get all our members through the prelims and the first thing you talk about is my love life? I think you need to work on your priorities."

Iruka laughed and Mizuki got a mock hurt look before joining in.

Getting serious he said "Seriously though Naruto, good job out there. You kept your cool while making Kiba loose his cool. You fought just like a real shinobi should."

Iruka smiled before adding his own two cents.

"That and you obviously did a good job helping Kakashi train Sasuke and Sakura. Sakura was never one to take her training seriously during the academy and while Sasuke wasn't so bad, he never really took most of the stuff we taught seriously either. I don't know what you did to those two, but it definitely worked."

Naruto just smiled before rubbing his head and said "Yeah, well you would be surprised what you can do with the proper motivation."

Iruka and Mizuki chuckled at this before Iruka said "By the way Naruto, that seal you put on Hinata. Did you ever give it to anyone else?"