Chapter 31 Bets Made And Won

.

Downtown Bar In Tanzaku Town

Jiraiya had been following Naruto as he followed the scents he had picked up back at the remains of the castle. They had walked all the way to the downtown region and were currently in front of a bar.

Jiraiya turned to Naruto and said "You sure she's in there?"

Naruto closed his eyes and took a deep breath through his eyes before nodding and opening his eyes again.

"Yeah, I can smell her and her companion in there. And I can smell that pig too. It's maddening really because I keep thinking pork chops or bacon and now I'm starving."

A loud growl came from his stomach agreeing with the blond and Jiraiya laughed before the two headed inside.

Once inside, Jiraiya looked around before spotting their target and said "Tsunade! What a coincidence of seeing you here!"

Jiraiya headed towards the two women while Naruto took one look at the pig and decided to grab something quick before he ate the new Hokage's pet. After grabbing a quick appetizer from the bar, he walked over just in time to hear Jiraiya ask why the two couldn't just wind up running into each other.

"I guess it's just a day of reunions then." Tsunade said before pulling out a deck of cards and after shuffling them passed a hand to Jiraiya before dealing herself one as well.

"You mean Orochimaru right?" Jiraiya said as he placed down two cards and drew two more.

Naruto noticed the other blonde's companion slightly jerk and Tsunade's eyes slightly widen before she said "How do you know that?"

Jiraiya jerked his thumb over to Naruto who had just finished eating the chips he had got at the bar and said "Naruto here has a pretty good nose. He picked up on an extremely strong scent of snake in the area."

Tsunade frowned as she looked at Naruto who simply glanced at her when he felt her gaze before looking out around the bar refusing to look anywhere near where Shizune and their pet pig was.

Tsunade rose an eyebrow at this and said "You gotta problem with Shizune and Ton Ton brat?"

Naruto kept looking around as he said "If you were smelling pig for more than an hour constantly thinking of bacon and pork chops, and then found said pig only for it to be a pet of one of the legendary three, how do you think you would act?"

Shizune and Tsunade just stared at him while Ton Ton just oinked in confusion. Jiraiya chuckled and said "Told you he had a good nose."

Tsunade and Shizune shook themselves before Tsunade turned to Jiraiya and said "All right Jiraiya, come clean. What are you doing here? I doubt you would have someone who is obviously a tracker nin with you and just conveniently run into me."

Naruto glanced back over at Tsunade and said "Rapid response/heavy assault actually."

Tsunade frowned before she turned back to Jiraiya and said "Still doesn't explain what he's doing here with you."

Jiraiya chuckled lightly and said "He's my student Tsunade. As for why I'm here," Jiraiya's face turned dead serious before he continued "Sarutobi-sensei has requested that you return to the village as the Godaime Hokage."