Chapter 52 Short Circuit

Story Start: Mountain Over The Mine

As the two bolts of lightning slammed down on the Leaf Shinobi's position, Raiga let out a maniacal laugh as he said "Farewell Zabuza, may you rest in torment!"

"Raiga, they're still alive!" The kid hidden on his back shouted in alarm.

"What?!" Raiga shouted. He was most likely going to say more but right at that point of time he had a Decapitating Blade in his face and a Toad Sword at his back.

As he hastily blocked the sword coming from his front with his two smaller blades, the bundle on his back was snatched by the blonde who took off in a high speed Shunshin before returning less than three seconds later and aiding Zabuza in not giving Raiga an inch never mind a second to even make his displeasure of having his little snitch taken from him.

As much rage as was in the more unhinged then usual Shinobi's eyes, it still did not change the fact that if he stopped his blades' rapid movements for even a split second, he'd lose a limb.

The swirling eddies of wind chakra the blonde kid was pulsing out that hung around them like a fog stuck in a valley weren't helping matters either.

His swords sparked uselessly as the lightning chakra he tried to pour through them in order to zap his opponents through their own blades kept shorting out before they could even reach the point of contact.

The thought of trying to use actual Lightning Style jutsu in the face of that was absurd even IF he discounted whatever unknown means they had managed to survive a direct lightning strike with no seeming injuries.

About three hundred feet up the mountain behind a large boulder, Haku inspected the kid that he had knocked into a false death trance before glancing over to where Heza was perched on top of the boulder with her long bow jutsu activated.

Sealing the kid into a stasis scroll, Haku bound up to stand beside his temporary partner and said "Any sign of the Family trying to reach their boss?"

Heza shook her head and said "They all seem content to try and go through Matto and Sora rather than around.

It's getting about the same results as actually putting a bull in a china shop and expecting it to destroy everything."

Haku let out a chuckle at that before turning his focus onto his master's fight and said "They seem to be doing well."

Heza smirked and said "Never pit Lightning against Wind, especially when said Wind is a master."

Haku nodded at that even as he formed a brace of ice senbon in case anyone got the idea to come around the mountain towards them. Down at the base of said mountain, things were slightly more chaotic.

Matto sliced through another Family member's three blade claw weapon with his Sword of the Thunder God before slamming a kick into the side of his head that sent him flying head first into a boulder.

For obvious reasons, said member didn't get back up as Matto glanced over at where Sora had the curry chef's son in a sleeper hold with one arm even while his long blade wove a defensive net around them that kept the other family members away from him. It wouldn't have worked for a second against a shinobi who had spent at least a month out of the academy but for common thugs like these guys it was highly effective.