Chapter 28 Home Field Advantage

Chunnin Exams:

Forest Outside Of The Hidden Leaf Village One Hour Before Naruto's Match Against Neji

The original shadow clone from the morning was currently crouched in a tree close to a squad of sound ninja waiting for a certain signal. A fox and toad were in the trees behind him and Rigeoned was currently crouched beside him and was keeping an eye out as the clone "channel surfed" as he witnessed what the other clones were doing via mental link.

'I'm glad boss' father managed to find a way for us to relay information without dispelling ourselves. It really comes in handy being able to see what boss and the other clones are doing in real time without having that time delay that comes from memory transfer. That and we can finally have conversations without worrying about someone picking up any radio messages that would give us away.'

The clone smirked at that last thought since that was exactly what some of the other clones in other squads were currently doing as the last few squads positioned themselves for the operation that was soon to take place. Some were reporting in while others who were already in position were commenting on the fights they were going to be watching through the originals point of view. Some were even making "bets" on the different outcomes of the matches that were about to begin.

The original clone cocked his head as he heard the bets being made and shook his head. He doubted that when Kyubi had begun trying to figure out a way for the original and clones to send information without wasting chakra by using shadow clone memory transfers after the wave mission, that he did so with the thought of the clones making bets in real time was one of the things he thought they would use them for.

He mentally "heard" the Kyubi's chuckle as he heard that thought. Kyubi was able to hear everything that was going on since the mental link only worked when his chakra was present in the clones. Though this wasn't a problem really since even if the original didn't draw on that power to transfer to the clones, each clone still had a miniscule amount of it anyway. Though compared to the original, it would have been like a drop in an ocean.

Shaking his head again to pull himself away from such thoughts, the clone looked out of his own eyes to quickly scan his surroundings. Mentally nodding to himself when he noticed nothing that would need his attention here, he focused on sending a one on one message to the original.

'Sir, this is clone 1. All teams are now in position and waiting on your signal.'

'Roger clone 1. Better get comfortable. This might take a while.'

'Roger that sir. Clone 1 over and out.'

The clone broke the one on one link to the original before focusing on sending a message to all of the clones spread out in the area.

'This is clone 1 to all clones. Better get comfortable boys. Keep an eye out for the signal and enjoy the show.'

There was a chorus of "Rogers" from the rest of the clones as all over the forest teams of shadow clones with foxes and toads dug in to wait for the signal.

Scene Change: Hidden Leaf Academy

Mizuki was inside the teacher's lounge looking through his equipment that he had on him. Looking through his kunai, two of them drew his attention as he picked one up and tested it.