Chapter 2 Information Overload

"Naruto, have your clones go to the library and start reading everything they can. It'll definitely help your grades" Mizuki said.

This one statement is probably the one thing that truly set Naruto up for what he would soon become.

While Naruto sent his clones to the library, he and the rest of the students went back inside and started to have their history lesson.

However, not one hour into the lesson, Naruto just suddenly got the deer in the headlights look and proceeded to introduce his face to the desk he was sitting at.

"Oi, Iruka-sensei! Naruto just kicked the bucket!"

Amongst cheers following this student's statements, both Iruka and Mizuki just sighed while Mizuki said, "I thought I told him not to dispel them all at once. Oh well." \

Iruka instantly used his trademark big head justu to get the students to calm down and proceeded to tell the kids the drawbacks of the shadow clone justu. But unknown to everyone else, it wasn't just information overload that caused Naruto's blackout.

Naruto's Mindscape: Kyuubi's Cage (sp?)

"Where am I" Naruto asked looking around. He was in what appeared to be some kind of sewer in front of a great gate that seemed to be kept closed with a sheet of paper with the kanji for seal written on it.

"Ah, so my landlord has finally come to check on his tenant eh?" A voice that sounded both extremely amused and yet terribly sad at once came from the direction of the gate.

"W-who said that?" Naruto asked, just a little bit nervous.

Little by little, a great shape appeared behind the gates. It looked to be as tall as the Hokage Mountain, maybe even bigger, was red in color, and appeared to be a fox with instead not one tail, but nine swishing around in grace full arcs.

Upon seeing the tails, Naruto had one thought. 'Oh crap' His actual reaction however was much more bold. "You! What are you doing here? And for that matter, where the heck is here anyway?"

The great fox just sighed, and said "Naruto to answer your questions, this is your mindscape, or your inner mind. As for why I am here, your father sealed me in here when I attacked your village."

Naruto was not happy to hear this. "So you're the reason why I'm treated like dirt? Figur- wait, did you say my father? I thought the fourth-?" Naruto's eyes suddenly went bug-eyed and he almost had a heart attack from sheer excitement.

Luckily, the fox saw this and said "Focus Naruto! And let me explain what happened!"

Naruto instantly grew quite at the fox's tone. "Much better, now let me explain. Yes your father was the fourth hokage for this village. However, unlike what the village believes, I did not want to destroy the village back then."

"Then what were you doing here?"

"I'm getting to that. You see, on that day, I was in my den with my mate and kit. This man, Orochimaru, decided to have the nerve to show up and ask for the way to become immortal. I immediately told him to leave since he was foolish to even think that I would share how I was immortal. He left, but not before slaying my mate, who was still relatively weak from giving birth last year, and my kit, who had yet to obtain the strength to become immortal. In a rage, I went to the hidden leaf village to get information on this man since he had worn the village's symbol. I was only going to ask for the man not go on a rampage when I ran into another man, one Madara Uchiha. This man was able to put me under a very strong genjustu due to the fact that I was so angry. He then proceeded to order me to attack the village, which I had no choice to do. So you see Naruto, I had no intention of attacking your village and I truly am sorry for the pain I have caused you."

(People have said that this explanation is lame and in truth it may be. However, it DOES move the story along.)

After saying this, Kyubi lowered his head so that he could be as close to Naruto's eye level as possible. He then took a slight breath ruffling Naruto's hair in the process and continued. "In order to make it up to you, I am willing to become your teacher. Those two from the academy are capable enough. However, they have a whole class to teach. There is also the fact that I can help you a lot with knowledge on justu and chakra control, which believe me, due to the vast amounts of chakra you have, is a must. I can also give you a summoning contract and access to some of my own chakra. However, if you are going to use it, we must train you so that you can handle it without going on a rampage in the process of tapping into it."

To say that Naruto was impressed is an understatement. "So what do I have to do?" he asked.

"First, wake up, your teachers are probably worried. When you do tell them that your roommate talked to you and that you need to have a word with the hokage."

"Why not just say I had a conversation with you?"

"And spook the entire class?"

"Good point."

"Better get going."

Back in the classroom

It had been roughly thirty minutes in the outside world when suddenly a light groan could be heard coming from Naruto's spot. Both Mizuki and Iruka were surprised that Naruto had woken up so early, and proceeded (I like that word don't I?) to tell him so.

"Naruto, your awake? I would have thought you would have been out till morning at least."

"Yeah well, I had a little chat with my roommate. Seems I need to talk with the hokage after school lets out."

Iruka and Mizuki shared a worried glance.

"Did you just say roommate?" Iruka asked, getting nervous.

"Yes." Naruto replied doing his absolute best to keep a cool face while on the inside his mind was going all over the place thinking about what the fox had said.

"Hey Sensei! What's the dobe talking about?"

"That doesn't concern you. Naruto, when as soon as class is over, Iruka and I will take you to the hokage."

"Yes Mizuki-sensei."