chapter 7 Getting Started

Author's Notes: Just a head's up, but it may be another chapter or two before I cover the canon team 7. The reason is I am trying to decide whether to cover the "disaster mission" as I have come to call it where my ocs get really wrecked, or if I should do it as flashbacks with just a quick overview and the actual scene it happened in. If you have a preference please say so because after this then Matto and Heza well only make one or two appearances because right after team 7 becomes canon it is going to get real fast paced.. With that said let's get started.

Mizuki had not been kidding when he had said that Naruto's shadow clones would come in handy. Within a week, team 7 had already done twice the required amount of D-rank missions needed to take part in the next Chunnin exams. It got to the point where Naruto would take at least ten missions at once. It was said that the village never looked so good since all of the fences were painted quickly and the monument took no time to clean up at all.

The only real problems came when it was time for every Genin's worst nightmare: Tora Hunting. This wasn't a problem for long however when Naruto got the bright idea of bringing catnip one time. Everyone who had ever had to do this mission found themselves' palming their foreheads and asking themselves why they didn't think of that. After a while Naruto seemed to be able to get on the "cat from hell's" good side to the point where the nip was no longer needed to everyone's relief.

But it wasn't just fences and cats the three were given task for. Many of the store owners who would get large shipments soon figured out that they only had to pay for one team when in truth they could have close to five at the time. This was good for Naruto because while he was working at all of these stores he was gradually making it so that everyone was a whole lot nicer to him. In fact, some of the owners would actually give him discounts now.

Besides doing D-ranks, Team 7 trained their butts off. While Kakashi was still usually late for everything, Naruto was making progress with him. However, when he actually got to the team meetings, he was one hell of a taskmaster. Each day the three would do laps around the village on and other extreme workouts such as running up and down the hokage's monument. And this was just their warm ups. After that, they would have quick "spars." (More like all out warfare.)

After that, they would then work on chakra control and learning justus. It was during these times that Naruto learned that he could cover his hands or any other part of his body with wind chakra and slice through practically any thing. (Think Kabuto's signature fighting technique only with wind instead of regular chakra.)

Naruto also took things up a notch with his weight training. One year after Naruto began using shadow clones, he decided to start wearing weights to get his speed up like his father's. After joining team 7, Naruto took it up a notch. Instead of regular weights, he started wearing chakra weights. These weights took the percentage of chakra and for each percent of your overall chakra put into a seal would make you feel ten pounds heavier. By the end of the month, Naruto was at thirty percent. This of course made him practically untouchable during spars with his teammates whenever he took them off.

Unfortunately for Naruto and Kakashi, two months into training, Gai witnessed one of these spars and dragged the two into a two on two spar with him and Gai. Now this one time would not have been so bad. However, Naruto actually made the mistake of wiping the floor with Lee in less than five moves. (I'll let you use your imaginations on that but just know that Naruto used his "chakra hands" to make it so that Lee couldn't move.) Unfortunately, Kakashi also won against Gai although not as fast. However the damage was done and Gai insisted on more matches, leading to the "eternal rivalry of youth between the ages." (I know scary right?)