Chapter 26 Calm Before the Storm 2

Chunnin Exams:

Naruto and Jiraiya appeared in poofs of smoke with Gamabunta behind them in a small clearing on top of a mountain. Naruto looked around and whistled softly as he took in the enormous plant life. He also spotted a bunch of toads lounging about. He jumped slightly when he heard a voice below him.

"Ah, Jiraiya-boy, it's good to see you again. And I assume that this must be your new student Naruto."

Naruto looked down at the obviously old toad and then cocked an eyebrow at his godfather. "Jiraiya-boy?

Jiraiya rubbed the back of his head and said with an embarrassed chuckle "Heh, heh, well you see, I first came here when I was just a little bit younger than you."

Naruto got an "ah" look on his face before the toad continued "That, and next to my age, he is nothing more than a tadpole."

Naruto's lips twitched before he looked down again and said "So what does that make me?"

The toad chuckled and said "Very young. Now then, Jiraiya-boy, Gamabunta told me you wish to have Naruto-boy here train with some of the toads for a short while. We can begin that tomorrow, but for now, lets get you two settled and then show Naruto-boy around."

The two humans followed the older toad as he hopped away while Gamabunta went off on his own.

Naruto frowned a little before saying "By the way, I never got your name."

The old toad chuckled and said "Fukasako, but you can just call me Pa." (Note: sticking with Pa for the rest, same with his wife, Shima.)

Naruto nodded and the three kept walking. The three soon reached a hut and went in.

When Pa entered he called out "Hey Ma, Jiraiya-boy's here and he brought his new student as well."

A toad looking just as old as Pa only female hopped in and said "Well now, isn't this a nice surprise."

Pa frowned and said "It's not a surprise Ma, Gamabunta told us they were coming yesterday remember?"

Ma frowned as well before smacking her husband with her purse and said "I know that Pa! I was just being polite!"

Naruto cocked his eyebrow before thinking to himself 'Now I know where the saying 'fighting like an old couple' comes from.' He heard his father mentally snort before going back to his nap.

Ma turned to Naruto and said "Anyway, you had good timing, lunch will be ready in a couple of minutes."

Jiraiya visibly paled but before he could say anything, Naruto said "Thanks, but I've already eaten. Figured it would be a good idea to eat before we came in case we decided to start training right off the bat."

Jiraiya sighed in relief while thinking 'good save kid.' Pa just chuckled.

Ma frowned slightly before shrugging and said "Well if you're sure."

Pa just shook his head and said "well, why don't I get you two a tour guide while I wait for lunch? No sense in you two waiting for me."

The two humans nodded and Pa led them back outside to where a toad was resting in one of the giant plant leaves. The toad readily agreed to showing them around and they started their tour.