chapter 5 : Bell Test Part One

Hidden Leaf Village Academy: Day of Team Formation

Now, Naruto prides himself on not being stupid. Therefore, after he pulled off his "Smurf-ify" prank on Iruka, he decided to hang low for the next week. When he needed groceries, he would go out in a henge just in case he came across his now blue sensei. It was quite interesting hearing how people reacted to the prank. Some were wondering how he did it. Some of the rumors stated that he was able to get Iruka to fall in a tank of blue dye. Others were just down right nutty. Everyone agreed on one thing though. Whatever Iruka did to deserve this prank, they would do well not to do the same around the blond.

It had been one week since Naruto's claim of dominance over any and all school teachers. When he walked through the academy, all of the teachers except Mizuki were looking at him like he was a tiger getting ready to pounce on them all. Needless to say, all of the students found this hilarious and were congratulating Naruto. Some of the students who felt like making a show of things actually bowed to him. Now, most would think this would get to Naruto's head. And to a small extent, it did. But he just took it all in stride as he made it to his classroom with one thought. 'Definitely worth it.'

Reaching his classroom, he received similar treatment, and got a couple of high fives from some of the students on his way to his seat. However, some of the students didn't really care for the blonde's actions and resulting attention. The head of this group was one Neji Hyuga.

"Only a failure such as yourself would go to such lengths for attention." The Hyuga spat while standing over Naruto's desk.

The blond didn't let the Hyuga get to him, he was having to good a day right now. Of course, that didn't keep the kid from replying.

"Failure huh? Correct me if I'm wrong Neji, but doesn't the two facts that I am here today and that I now have a headband mean that I am not a failure? And just be glad I don't decided to do something similar to you and possibly your whole clan for that little comment of yours."

The class is suddenly quite. Many of the students were now wondering if Naruto would do what he just said he would.

"You wouldn't dare!" Neji said with killer intent starting to rise.

"Oh yeah? Watch me. Trust me, I could get into your compound and out before anyone knew what happened. And even if I do get caught, you know I can outrun any one in this village, be it sheer speed or stamina. Or have you forgotten that only Iruka-sensei can catch me, and even he knows that I let him."

The Hyuga was spared having to comment on that when Iruka came in had everyone sit down. He then looked at Naruto and the whole class started to wonder just what would happen to their favorite prankster.

"A little over the top don't you think Naruto?" Iruka asked looking the blond straight in the eye.

"I could say the same to you Iruka-sensei. Now you know never to use such a genjustu ever again." Said blond returned.

Iruka just sighed and decided to get the show on the road. Naruto allowed his mind to wonder as Iruka gave the speech he usually did to the graduating classes about being full blown shinobis and all that. He then listened with half a mind as his teacher got through teams one through six until he perked up when he heard his name being called.

"Team seven will consist of Naruto Uzumaki, Matto Hirzen, (made up on the fly just now and most likely never to be used again in this story.) and Heza Tano. (Again made up just now.) Your Jounin sensei will be Hatake Kakashi."