Chapter 47 Call Of Duty Operation Snowcap Part Two Land Fall

Story Start: Outer Edge Of Internationally Recognized Land Of Snow Waters

Naruto stood on the bow of the ship with Princess Koyuki on his right side frowning as she held a pair of binoculars to her eyes. Naruto had no problems figuring out what the frown was for due to the fact that his heavily chakra augmented eyes and binoculars combination were picking up a rather large iceberg that might as well have been a mountain which was just over nine and a half miles away and all by its lonesome with a rather worrying amount of potential enemies on them. On his left side, Sasuke frowned as well as the Sharingan in his left eye spun in a lazy circle.

Giving a sharp "Ch!" the Uchiha said "Do they really think that we don't know what they are planning?"

"That depends on whoever is actually on that thing. If anyone competent is, then they must believe that they have an even bigger ace up their sleeves than the Infinity." Kakashi said from where he was looking over Naruto's head with his implanted Sharingan uncovered and also spinning.

"Normally I would say that the three submarines the sonar detected around the iceberg would be quite an ace, but considering what happened with the last one…" Princess Koyuki muttered before trailing off.

"No contest. Especially when you put into account the Infinity's chakra shields. And let's not get started on the MAC guns." Matto agreed from where he was standing on the princess' right side with binoculars of his own sweeping across the iceberg.

"So the question really is are they expecting a quick victory or do they know what happened to the Domineer and are planning to get some revenge as well?" Heza asked from where she was standing on the other side of Matto with her own viewing equipment scanning the ice in front of them. Naruto saw everyone glance at him but chose to ignore it as he continued marking the positions of the so far two platoon strong enemy forces that were spread around the iceberg.

On Sasuke's left, Sakura hummed in thought as she panned her binoculars and said "I'm not seeing much if anything that could potentially be a long range weapon though."

"What do you think Captain?" Sarutobi asked from where he and Captain Iroh were standing a little off to the side.

The captain closed his five segment telescope with a decisive snap as he said "We picked up a radio transmission from the Domineer before it went down, but we were able to jam it before her captain could get more than a couple of words out. More likely than not, this is a set up for investigating any ships heading to the Land of Snow to see if they know anything with the three submarines acting as the big stick if things were to get ugly." Mouth twitching upwards into a smirk, he said "Unfortunately for them, Infinity's stick is much longer." Placing the telescope into the pouch hanging on his waist and bringing the hand back out with a radio, he pressed the talk button on it and said "Captain to bridge, are the firing solutions locked in?"

The radio crackled as a voice on the other end said "Locked and loaded captain. We're just waiting for your order."

Iroh nodded to himself and said "Fire."

Behind them, all twenty of Infinity's MAC guns' barrels simultaneously began glowing as each turret maneuvered to aim at their assigned targets. Ten seconds later, all of the turrets were in position and a sharp "CRACK!" sound filled the air as the first salvo was fired launching thin streams of crackling light out to their targets. A split second later, the water around the iceberg exploded upwards as all three subs simultaneously exploded due to the electrically charged steel rods causing a massive power surge on impact and their reactors went critical. Five of the rods impacted against the iceberg and it immediately began cracking apart at the impact points. Then fifteen of the MAC guns realigned themselves and a second volley completely demolished the ice formation causing massive chunks to fall into the ocean and generating fifteen foot waves as the ten biggest pieces of ice began separating. And then the Infinity fired its third and final volley and the ten pieces shattered into hundreds of smaller pieces leaving the area looking like a fleet of icebreakers had just passed through the area.