Chapter 51 Unwanted Reunion

Story Start: Team Maelstrom's Training Grounds, One Week After Last Mission

Explosions once more filled the air as the three team members worked on improving the Rasengan. Lightning arced around Matto as he did his best to add his primary element into the spinning sphere only to Replace himself with a very beat up log as he once more lost control of it and it expanded outwards throwing even more dust into the air. Fifty feet away, Heza was grunting as she worked furiously to keep her Earth natured chakra spinning in the Rasengan in her own hands, the extra chakra forming bits of diamond like structures in the sphere giving it better stopping power but also making it much harder to keep the rotation speeds as fast as they should be. Two hundred feet away from them, a truly massive fireball once more expanded the lip of a steadily deepening crater, not even making the other two flinch after following so many others and from where he was standing next to a squadron of clones Naruto muttered "Well that went slightly better than last time."

"Yeah, by about ten seconds." One of the clones muttered before he hopped into the crater along with another of his brothers and the two began once more attempting to add fire chakra to the Rasenshuriken.

"It's just as well we've already figured out how to add our Water chakra into these because Earth and Fire are kicking our rear ends!" Heza called to Naruto who nodded just as another explosion tore through the end.

"Lightning's not much better, it REALLY doesn't like being contained in such a small package. I might have to start supersizing the Rasengan if this keeps up." Matto commented before he noticed something flowing down the small river going through their training ground that was made for training Water Style Jutsu and he said "Hold up guys, we've got company and they're in bad shape."

Heza and Naruto 'powered down' the jutsu they were currently using and the three were quickly pulling the three men out of the water, a quick check for weapons and then a pulse had the three nodding before the men were on their shoulders and the teens gone from the training area as they quickly made their way to the General Hospital.

Time Skip: Four Hours Later, Missions Office

Team Maelstrom stood beside Team Mist, a team lead by Zabuza with Haku and a pale kid named Sora Hayate, a cousin of Gekko Hayate who had a three-foot-long straight blade on his back serving as the other two members of his team. (Think Claymore only made by Japanese style blacksmithing) Tsunade studied the six ninja arrayed before her for a moment before she said "Thanks to our three newest guests in the hospital, we have actionable intelligence on where to find a rogue member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist." Zabuza didn't move a muscle but everyone could tell the Sannin had the Demon of the Mist's full attention as she continued "Raiga is leading the Kurosaki crime family which has taken over the Katabami Gold Mine, the Land of River's second greatest gold mine. I have a theory that Raiga is preparing for something big, as in challenge a ninja village or two big, hence the takeover of the mine. Naturally, such a thought is not something I would like to see come to pass, therefor your mission is thus: Head to the Katabami mine, discover any and all of Raiga's plans, and take him and his supposed family out of the picture. Zabuza, due to your shared past with the main target you have lead in taking out Raiga and his inner circle if he has one. Minimize as much collateral damage as you can to the mines and miners but other than that feel free to cut loose." Zabuza's face may still be covered by wrappings but everyone could feel the feral grin he gave at that statement even as he nodded and said "Understood Lady Hokage."

Tsunade nodded and said "The three miners will be fully healed in two hours. You have that long to prepare for your mission. Dismissed."