Chapter 48Call Of Duty Operation Snowcap Part Three New Management

Story Start: Mountain Range Five Miles Outside Hidden Snow Village

Naruto frowned thoughtfully as he panned his high powered binoculars over the shinobi settlement below him. He was currently hidden in a small alcove in the mountain that was closest to the Hidden Snow Village that wasn't one of the two that nestled the village itself in like a bowl, which was rather eerily similar to the setup of the Hidden Village in the Sand. Unlike the desert settlement however, there were two main entrances instead of one, both at either ends of the valley. Preventing just anyone walking through said ends were two five mile long, twenty foot tall walls that had what looked suspiciously like electric fence wire covering the sides facing away from the village which continued for another five feet above the top of the wall. There were ten foot tall guard towers on top of the wall posted every half mile making ten in all. The village itself was almost entirely made up of block shaped buildings and dark gray seemed to be the order of decoration since all of the buildings were made out of some metal or another.

All in all, it gave Naruto the feeling that very little happiness ever occurred in such a place since it looked more like a prison than a place of residence for a settlement of just over one and a half thousand shinobi and the civilians who resided there who supported the village. But aesthetics aside, Naruto could see that the village was a lot further along technology wise than his own village. It was mainly little things that he was picking up as he swept his gaze across the village but the most obvious of the differences was power distribution.

The Hidden Leave Village had one main power plant per district and five substations that would take up the slack in case of blackouts. Important areas such as the main hospital and its handful of smaller counterparts, Anbu and Jounin headquarters, the Hokage tower and the evacuation shelters behind the Kage Monument each had their own set of power substations to prevent them ever losing power. The Hidden Snow village however seemed to have three main power stations per district and ten times as many smaller power substations in order to fully power their city. The amount of juice such a place needed to stay in business with their entire collection of tech still functioning in such harsh conditions was mind boggling. It almost seemed like a crime to disrupt such a marvel of engineering. Unfortunately for the Hidden Snow, Naruto's plan to get around that pesky armor they were so proud of without breaking out rasengans left and right happened to involve a massive seal generated EMP that would turn the whole place dark.

Speaking of seals, the EMP generator wasn't the only seal that was going to be playing a part in the operation. Even as Naruto continued sweeping the village in an attempt to find the spots where there would be the most resistance clones were moving throughout the area placing down the seals that would raise a large barrier over the entire village as well as a number of other seals that would help Naruto lower visibility through use of a seal generated snowstorm. And that didn't even cover the seals that he would be putting on his beloved goggles that would allow him to see in said snowstorm.

Finishing his sweep of the village, Naruto retreated further into the alcove he was in and pulled out a storage scroll. Pouring chakra in it caused it to spit out a white jump suit that had a padded collar and was white all over (Think Canon Naruto's jumpsuit only white) as well as a white cloak with red border lines. Quickly changing into the clothes he would be using for the mission, Naruto then unsealed his goggles and his sealing equipment and began etching a seal that would allow him to see thermal images with the left lens and another seal that would allow him to see chakra with the right.

Once had finished placing and testing his new visual seals, Naruto went back to the entrance of the alcove and sent over his mental link with his clones 'This is Alpha, to all outer parameter assigned squadrons, sound off.'