Chapter 41 Call of Duty: Operation Stingray Part One

The two teams that were formerly collectively known as Team 7 as well as Anko were currently on a small cliff that was beside a harbor which had what looked like a well off port town. Visible in the distance in front of the group were four islands.

The middle island, called Mother Island, was the biggest one, at least twice as large as the surrounding islands and partially hiding one of the other three behind it.

"So that's the Land of the Sea huh?" Naruto asked as he and the rest of the group studied the islands.

Kakashi nodded and said "Yeah, but you got to remember it's not just those islands. That town down there and some of the land behind us is part of it as well."

Naruto nodded and looked over at the port town taking notice of the number of ships that were currently at the docks. Anko's eyes suddenly widened as she grabbed her neck.

The action didn't go unnoticed by Heza who looked at Anko in confusion and said "You alright Anko-sensei?" Everyone looked over to her as she gritted her teeth before whatever seemed to be bothering her passed.

Anko rubbed her neck and said "Yeah. Why don't you guys go ahead into town? Naruto, you and the others go ahead and find us some transportation to the islands. I'll meet you at the docks later and we'll head to the islands a little before sunset."

Anko jumped away before any of the group could say anything. Naruto narrowed his eyes in thought while noticing Kakashi did the same.

Looking towards Sasuke, Naruto cocked his head a little and said "You alright there Sasuke?"

Sasuke looked at Naruto in confusion and said "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Naruto shrugged and said "No reason."

All of the Chunnin looked at the blonde wondering why he asked that if he didn't have a reason while the Jounin in the group had some idea but didn't comment on it choosing instead to look back towards where Anko had taken off.

Looking back he said "Why don't we take Anko's advice and go ahead down."

The group nodded and began walking down the hill on the side of the cliff that led to the town.

Meanwhile, Anko was standing at another cliff staring out at the islands. As she looked down at the shore that was in front of the cliff, she suddenly saw the islands from the viewpoint of someone standing on the beach while there was a person next to her that she was talking to. As the memory faded, Anko shook her head and thought 'What's going on?'

Back with the others, The two teams were currently at the outskirts of the town.

Kakashi turned to Naruto and said "We'll part ways here. There's a ferry that's taking us to Mother Island where the payment fleet is. You guys should be able to catch a later ferry or get another way over to the islands after Anko gets back. Good luck on your mission."

Naruto and his two teammates nodded. Kakashi then motioned to Sasuke and Sakura before heading deeper into the town with the two falling in behind him.

After the trio was out of sight, Naruto turned to his teammates and said "Since we've got a while before we need to meet up with Anko-sensei, why don't we look around a little, maybe check out the market. I don't know about you guys, but I am not looking forward to only field rations to eat if this mission takes longer than it's supposed to."