◆Chapter 110◇

Start from the beginning

"You'll be totally surprised when you hear about the system, Miyuki-Chan!" Toru exclaimed excitedly. "And they said we can combine with Shiketsu!"

Miyuki bit her lip, the fatigue fading as she tried to find the words to respond to all her friends' feelings. Izuku turned to her and he frowned in concern, when he saw the despondency dancing in her eyes.

"I can't... go back..." Miyuki whispered, and she felt Katsuki's body tense up as soon as the words were out of her mouth. "I want to be with you all again, but..."

She trailed off, eyes slowly widening with shock when she heard the faint sound of helicopter blades in the distance. Not only that, but errant shouts came from behind the gates which was quickly followed by the sound of heavy footfalls.

"What's going on? It's so noisy," Thirteen said, brows creasing with worry. She craned her head upwards and her breathing shallowed when she saw two HPSC helicopters flying overhead towards the school.

Miyuki took in a shaky breath as, when they entered the school, there stood a large crowd of HPSC soldiers lined end to end in front of the campus building, their weapons raised at her classmates and Thirteen as they walked in. Behind them stood a growing crowd of evacuees, their shouts of worry and fear for their safety chilling her heart to its core.

"Prioritize the capture!"

"Don't let her take another step into the school before we've got her cuffed up!"

"She's the informant of the League! Secure her right away!"

"She's on the villains' side!"

"Keep the civilians out of the way!"

"Catch the villain!"

Katsuki turned around quickly, surprised as Miyuki suddenly got off of him amidst the cacophony of shouts, her weariness forgotten in that instant as she began backing away towards the gate, heart racing with trepidation.

She turned around to go. But, true to his word, Katsuki reached out to her and took her hand in his, stopping her before she could.

"You don't have to run anymore," he told her, his tone measured. He squeezed her hand, a set determination in his eyes. "We're not gonna let them take you away, Miyuki."

The tension in her body seemed to dissipate, her breathing evening out the longer she looked at his calm gaze. But despite the assurance he gave her, even as he stood in front of her with her classmates, he couldn't block out the shouts of the safety commissions' guards and the squadron of officers as they prepared their weapons to take her into custody. Her eyes drifted over to them just as a middle-aged man with white hair dressed in a dark suit stepped up to the front line of the armed forces.

That must be him, Miyuki thought, her brows furrowing with tension as she looked at the man's stoic expression. The one Yokumiru-San spoke of - he's one of the surviving members of the HPSC's top brass...

"When did the commission get here?" Ochaco asked, worry filling her voice as she looked at the HPSC in front of them and their helicopters hovering above them. "H-How could they have gotten into U.A.? The security system is operating just fine!"

"Principal Nezu must've permitted them entry," Momo suggested, pursing her lips. "From what the principal told us after that man visited Aizawa sensei and Present Mic sensei, they're willing to go to any length to arrest Sasaki-San. In that case, he must have had the evacuees' safety in mind."