Chapter- One

Destiny High school was where I was currently at. Football practice was always a drag but it kept me busy and I was around my best friends. I swayed my hips and raised the water bottle in the air as I walked to one of the football players who needed water.

"Having fun there Danny?" Carson asked.

"Tons." I said with a sarcastic tone. I sprayed the water into his mouth and then wiped the sweat off his face.

"Thanks." He said and put his helmet back on. He fist pumped me and headed back to do more drills.

"I'm not teaching middle schoolers! Put it into gear!" Coach Baxton yelled. My dad was a great coach but he was annoying and sometimes too demanding.

"Hey Danny, can you help Oliver? He's being too slow. Run with him and get him moving." My dad told me. I nodded quickly and took off to the track. I poked his side and pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Hi." I said and jogged with him.

"Hey, did your dad, I mean, coach send you over to run with me?" Oliver asked. I nodded.

"Sorry about that." He said.

"Don't be. I like running and it helps you guys a lot too." I said.

"Oliver! Danny!! Stop the yip yapping and move it!" My dad yelled from across the field. I gave him a thumbs up.

"Sorry." I said and we started racing each other. After Oliver was done with his laps, I let my dad know I was doing a few more.

When I finished three more laps, I had to get back and help out. I did all sorts of stuff to help. I got piggy back rides at most of the practices to help them run faster with weight on them. I was pretty light but I was glad to help.

I packed up my stereo and the other equipment.

My dad headed back to his office in the building and the guys went to the locker rooms, while I dragged all the equipment back inside. Once I was done, I took a quick shower in the girls locker room and changed into my yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I grabbed my sports bag and headed out of the locker room and ran into my brother and Oliver.

"Hey, you guys are done early." I said.

"Yeah, we didn't want you waiting." Oliver said. I snorted.

"Because I do that all the time anyway, you know. Why?" I asked.

"We're going to a party. We want you to join. It's our birthday after all." Elliot answered.

"You guys go ahead. I'm not feeling up for it." I said.

"But it's your birthday!" Oliver shouted.

"It is just like any other day. Go have fun. I'll be fine, I'm eating dinner and going to bed." I told them.

"You are no fun." Elliot pouted sticking out his bottom.

"Pshh I'm so fun. I'm still not going. Bye." I said as I chuckled and then started walking away. I got into my car and strapped myself in. My door swung open.

"Danny, please come." Oliver said poking me a million times.

"I said no." I whispered. He nodded and closed my door. I watched as he jogged around and threw his bag in the bag and got into the seat.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him.

"What does it look like I'm doing. I'm sitting in the car." He laughed.

"Ha ha very funny. Why are you coming with me? Go to the party with my brother." I told him.

"I'd rather spend time with you on your birthday." He said. I rolled my eyes but a blush creeped onto my face anyway.