• 54 •

[ Hanil Hospital ]

[ Hanil Hospital ]

Jiwoo is sitting on the edge of the bed, thinking about Heeseung's and Sunghoon's words a while before. She heard the door slid open, assuming it's Jake, she doesn't even bother to look behind her.

"I bought some food"

"You have to eat to recover"

Jake said and Jiwoo heard plastic rumble as he take out the food. Jiwoo can't even look at him, he felt guilty after leaving her alone for almost an hour. Jiwoo felt guilty after raising her voice towards the guy earlier too.

A thick tension can be felt through the room. None of them know how to start a new conversation and lessen the heavy feelings in their heart.

15 minutes pass, and they're still not talking to each other. It do driving them crazy but they both can't think of any way to start a conversation without sounding too awkward like they just met.

"You know what, fuck this"

Jake let out before walking in front of the girl, who still staring down at the floor. Jake let out a heavy sigh before he make Jiwoo look up at him by softly holding her nape.

"I'm sorry, hm?"

"I know you want to protect me"

"I am not supposed to be mad at you"

"But I left you for almost an hour to calm down"

He continue as he caress her cheeks with his thumbs.

"No"

"You can be mad"

"I'm restraining you to save someone"

"And I raise my voice up high"

"I'm sorry too.."

"I'll try to understand you better"

She reply making the guy slightly smile before leaning down and peck the girl lips making her smile too. He pat her head for a few times.

"Let's eat, so you can eat your medicine after and go home"

He say while smiling but Jiwoo shake her head making his smile drop.

"You don't want to eat?"

He questioned making the girl shake her head.

"It just 9, I can do that later"

She reply making the latter nod and sigh in defeat. She smile widely before pulling the guy closer by his shoulder making him surprise before let out a low giggle as he realize what she want at the moment.

"What is it?what do you want?"

He playfully ask making the girl roll her eyes in annoyance before finally seal their lips together making him smirk through it. Jake tilt his head, deepening the kiss making her smile. Jake pull away after a few second and stare into Jiwoo eyes making her do the same.

"I guess we're okay now?"

He assumed after the sweet moments they're in a while ago.

"no"

"a little more then we're done"

Jiwoo reply while smiling making the guy scoff before lean in again for another kiss. He can't deny that the girl bring out a new side of him that he isn't aware of its existence in him. Jiwoo wrap her arms around his neck to feel him even closer.

Jiwoo pull away when she feel like she is out of breath making Jake chuckle before he pull her into his embrace and hug her tightly resulting a chuckle from the girl as he put his head on the crook of her neck.

"I hate how it's always me who stumble into you guys"

"being intimate"

they heard Heeseung utter after hearing the door slid open and close again. Jake pull away as he see Heeseung walking to them.

"as long as I don't feel the high tension"

"it's good"

"should we check on the stiches?"

He continue making the two smile at each other before Jake help Jiwoo to sit up properly on the bed.

[ 7:00PM ]

The door slide open reveal Sunghoon making Jiwoo and Jake sigh in relief.

"how's the session?"

Jake ask as Sunghoon take a seat on the couch as he loosen his tie and discard his black blazer off his body.

"good, they hired a bad attorney so good for us"

"but we still have a cross-examine tomorrow"

"ah"

"and I saw Seungmin in the courtroom for a brief moment"

"He was there for the quarter of the session"

Sunghoon reply making them shock, leading the latter to feel even confuse.

"you don't know?"

"I called Heeseung this morning and told him"

he continue making the two look at each other.

"He didn't say anything though"

Jiwoo claimed making Jake nod as he agree with the girl.

"what time did you called?"

Jake ask.

"around 9, I suppose"

Sunghoon answer making the two look at each other before smiling.

"I guess he forgot after the make up"

Jiwoo said making Jake nod as they grin.