• 9 •

[ Incheon Police Station | 8AM | Sim Jake ]

"Morning"

"you're..early.."I say as I look up and see Jiwoo leaning on her chair while looking through her phone before proceed to look at me.

"yeah,someone bring back my car yesterday"she reply.

"by the way, i've made a copy of the fingerprint"she continue as i walk to her place. "you're fast"i say making her grin as she hand me a copy.

"that's why i was sent here after all"she reply making me scoff.

"but something is wrong with it"she continue as i grab the paper from her with a confused face as i scan through the paper.

"Jeong Woosik?"i mutter as i take a seat beside her.

i look at her making her nod.

"i was just checking his data this morning and decided to compare both prints and it turns out to be identical"she explains.

"so what's your thoughts on it?"i ask as i put the paper on the desk in front of me.

"the person's that have been following the girl is Jeong Woosik, the culprit is protecting her"she reply.

"i did a background check on him, he have a lot of report under stalking and sexual assault for the past few years"she continue.

"don't you notice anything identical of the deads before?"she ask.

"we have a few teams handling the cases before,i just knew the full detail about the 4th case"

"because we thought that it was done by a different person each time, but then we realize that they all had numbers carved into their body"

i reply making her nod again.

"and you found nothing through the numbers?"she ask making me shake my head in returns.

"what's the numbers on the 10th victim again?"she ask.

"if im not mistaken,it's 025310"i answer as i try to recall.

"let's just keep track on the numbers maybe it meant something important"she say making me nod and scoff while looking away make she turns to me.

"why?"she ask.

"i think our role just change"i say as i smile to her making her roll her eyes. "that shows how much you need to keep up"she reply.

"excuse me miss,i just have a lot of undone cases under me even though the department has moved them under someone else just because they want me to handle these cases"

"and i can't even sleep properly until i heard it's settled.i feel like it's still my responsibility as i work on it halfway"

i explain making her nod a few times.

"make sense,sim jaeyun"she say making me froze.

"no one..has been calling me that since high school"i reply making her shock.

"really?why?i mean,it's cool.jake is cool too but yeah i think im just more used to your korean name"she say.

"i mean..i think you're probably the only one who has been calling me that since forever except for the teachers"i reply.

[ Park Sunghoon | Hwi Lawfirm ]

"Park Sunghoon"

i stop fidgeting my fingers as i heard my name being called making me look up and see my colleague.

She's my assistant.

"Mr Jo asked about the 9th case.how's the progress?" she ask. "52 percent done"i simply answer.

"what?you said it's already 70 percent done yesterday evening"she protests.

"i think we should let it be an open case until we can track the culprit"

"yes,we have won the past cases"

"but this thing still going around which mean we got a wrong person each time,and that's what the culprit wants"

"if i win this case and closed it,but the murderer still goes around..doesn't that make you feel useless?" i rants making her shut her mouth.

"i'll settled this with Mr Jo,don't worry about it, you can go on with the other work"i continue making her nod.

Yoon Dami.

the girl whom i had a crush on,in the back days.

the one i showed to Jiwoo.

One thing makes me stop liking her.

I found out she is already in a relationship.

and the person turned out to be Lee Heeseung.

They have been dating since high school years.

I don't want to interrupt their healthy doing relationship so i stop liking her right away.

But about the case, i actually do have someone in my mind.

but it got me thinking about how is it possible to have a change in the culprit appearance.

it all used to point at obviously man,with how brutal the way they're killed and having a hand print that impossible to be own by a woman.

but in the 10th case

some things changed,

the culprit trademark that used to be carved by a knife are now stamped on the body just like a tattoo.

and the culprit no longer leave a sign of it being done by someone who people likely to believe is a man.

it's done cleaner than before.

it's like they change the murderer.