• 41 •

[ Hwi Lawfirm ]

[ Hwi Lawfirm ]

Jay playing with his phone as he sit in his car driver seat, waiting for Sunghoon to end his work shift. It's been a while since the guy go to work so he understands the minor late of escaping work.

But Jay have to get back to the hospital before 8pm as he is also on a night shift for today. He'll have to work until 12 in the midnight for this whole week which is also a reason he is worrying about Sunghoon as he'll be alone after work until midnight.

a knock on his car window distract him from any of the thoughts he was in. He look at his right and see Sunghoon as he open the passenger seat door and enter the car.

"How's work after 4 days of rest?"

Jay ask as he step on the gas pedal and drive towards his house. Sunghoon reply with a hum before saying,

"not bad, loads of works..i have around 20 unsettled cases and 4 of them are the serial"

Sunghoon answer making the other nod.

"I'm on a night shift for this whole week so you're gonna be alone for some time until midnight"

Jay inform as he make a turn on a traffic lights.

"I'm okay..he'll not find me until the 16th victim is dead"

Sunghoon reply lazily, as if he don't really care that his life is on the edge in the moment.

"I'm pretty sure he already sort it out, it has been a while since the 15th"

"I don't think he have that much of patience"

Jay continue making Sunghoon glance at him as he partially agree with the guy statement. Lee Hanbin has met Jiwoo yesterday, that could be a warning of saying his time is near.

"wait—Jake's apartment is just 3 minutes away right? you can drop me there, I want to ask him something"

Sunghoon say making Jay nod before he change lane to go to Jake's apartment.

Jay drop Sunghoon on the building lobby before drive away back to the hospital. He'll pick the guy up when he finish with his work. Since Sunghoon car can be pick up tomorrow so this is the last day any of them will drive him around.

•———————————•

"so you're saying that Dami's father have something to do with Jiwoo's mom death?"

Sunghoon question Heeseung who is currently sitting in front of him along with Jake at the dining table while Jiwoo is in her room.Heeseung just nod to the guy question.

"but then why is Jiwoo involve in this?"

Jake ask as he don't get the connection between the two which is also a secret that Heeseung have to kept until Jiwoo reveal it by herself. Heeseung and Sunghoon exchange a short glance before Heeseung try to explain.

"i found out that 'this' Lee Yubin might have some relation with the real Lee Yubin which is Jiwoo's mom"

"he killed all the alliance of who has killed Lee Yubin 8 years ago, but the fact that Hanbin doesn't stop means"

"the mastermind behind this is still around"

"Jiwoo and us want to stop these, why would he stay still?"

Heeseung carefully explain.

"then what's up with him being obsess with both Yubin and Jiwoo?to cared to kill?what kind of bullshit is that?"

Jake burst then sigh as he lean on the chair he's sitting on before ruffle his hair making it messy as he is trying to understand how they get involve deeply in the case. Sunghoon and Heeseung once again exchange glances between them as they ran out of excuses.

"Sim Jaeyun"

Jake turn his head towards the voice and see Jiwoo peeking her head out of her room making his eyes soften due to the girl appearance, currently in her pajamas.

"why?you need anything?"

Jake ask softly as he straighten his back and fully turn his body towards the girl direction.Heeseung and Sunghoon eye sense the guy change of tone as he speak to the girl which resulting him to grin and roll his eyes playfully.

"do you, perhaps see my hair tie?I don't think I have wear it today"

Jiwoo question.

"It's on my bed,you left it there. I forgot to hand it back"

Jake answer making the girl nod before make her way to the guy bedroom. He look back towards the other two and notice that both of them are smirking making him immediately shake his head.

"cut it out"

Jake say making the two burst out chuckling.

"Jaeyun-a"

the girl call him again make him look at her again.

"I can't find it.."

the girl whine making the guy smile as he walk up to her.Jiwoo lean on the guy room door frame lazily, watching Jake making his way to her and walk pass her.

"here"

He say as he unfold his duvet and reveal the girl light blue satin scrunchie. A small curve appear from Jiwoo's lips as she walk to the guy to take it. Jake about to walk away but Jiwoo stop him by grabbing his hand making him look back.

"why?"

Jake ask.

"Can I sleep here today?"

Jiwoo cautiously ask making Jake smile before nodding his head as he understands that the girl is yet recover from the thing that happen a day before. Jake pat the girl head a few times before making his way back to the other guys and Jiwoo walk into her room.

He return to his seat and realize the two are keeping their eyes on him making him scoff.

"what is it?"

Jake annoyedly ask. The two lean their body to get closer to the guy before whisper.

"so what happened yesterday?"

Heeseung ask making Jake sigh in relief. He expect worse question than that.

"Hanbin pay her a visit"

Jake answer before rolling his eyes.Heeseung and Sunghoon glance at each other.

"so the bruise—"

"Hanbin did that"

Jake cuts Sunghoon sentence making the two nod.

"not gonna lie, i thought it was from something else"

Heeseung say making Sunghoon scoff while leaving Jake surprise. He thought he had escaped anything related to this thing tonight.

"are you crazy?why would I—whatever"

Jake don't want the topic to continue so he decide to cut his sentence short before it becomes worse.

"Considering how she can't even talk clearly on the call yesterday, it makes sense that it leaves a bruise"

Sunghoon reply making Jake nod. Jiwoo can't even bear to be left alone since yesterday, even though Hanbin said he won't kill her, he could be planning to hurt her in other ways.

Jake is okay with being by her side all the time but everything comes with a risk. Hanbin is planning to murder Sunghoon and him. It's still not safe even if they're together.