• 31 •

[ Park Sunghoon | 4:27AM ]

My eyes flutter open after i turn to my side and feel no presence of the girl that i got in bed with.Despite the heavy eyes, i try to open them as wide as I can before scanning around the bedroom and found the girl on her laptop making me sigh in relief.

i slowly get off the bed and make my way to her who is on my work space. I tuck her hair behind her ears making her flinch and aware about my presence which make her turn quickly to my side.

"What are you doing?"I ask with a hoarse voice making her smile in return.

"some work, you should sleep and rest. I'll be done in 10"She reply, she have those soft gaze that Yubin always have when she is with me.

The eyes that never fail to make me fall harder for her but I can't anymore.

Lee Yubin isn't here anymore and what's left is only Kang Jiwoo, the Forensic Investigator and college friend, Jiwoo.

"have you been up since i fell asleep?"

i ask as i lean to the table edges as i take a glance at her laptop screen.

she's analyzing and compiling the evidences picture from Park Minsu case.

she shakes her head.

"I slept for a while and woke up around 4, so I decide to do some work since I can't fall back to sleep" she reply making me nod.

"go back to sleep, I'll join in 10"she continue, making me sigh.

"you need rest too, you can continue this with Jake later..come on"I say as i put my hand on her shoulder, assuring her to stop working.

"fine"she sigh in defeat as she put her device on sleep before standing up and walk to the bed again.

she slide herself under my grey duvet making me do too after a few seconds.

"after today, I'll be back to my lonely life" I mumble loud enough for her to hear before chuckling and sigh.

"look for someone real,you can get any girl with that face. you're a good guy, find someone that deserves you" She reply as she turn to her body to face me.

i turn my head to her and smile faintly.

"if it's that easy i won't be single for 27 years of living" i reply making her giggle. "that's right,it's not easy but you can try"she say.

"i can but i won't, people said that our last love will come at the most unexpected time..so i guess we'll just wait"i mutter out and smile making her do the same.

"where did i put Yubin's phone?" the girl question as she look behind her before located her second phone on my nightstand and reach for it.

"why?"i ask as she turn on the phone and look at me.

"deleting the data before destroying the phone"she answer making me nod but then her expression change after unlocking the phone.

I peek onto her screen and see her eyeing a notification. It seem to be not a normal notification, it's sent from a saved contact named 'ㅎ'.

"Hanbin?"i simply ask making her nod.

the text is;

"Let's meet up, July 16th, 1AM. MQ Apartment rooftop"

"you're going?"i turn to her as i ask the question.

"i don't know..we'll see"she reply

"there's still about 2 weeks before the date"she continue making me nod as i let out a heavy sigh.

"you should discuss this with Jake"I reply making her shakes her head immediately. "not this one,it could be dangerous..i don't want to bring more people to him" she explains.

"Jake don't even know where I live"she mumble making me confused. "but he dropped you a few times?"i question in confusion.

"he drop me at Haneul Lake View Apartment and then i just find my way home"she answer.

"i felt uncomfortable to tell him where I actually live because it's our first day meeting after about 4 years" she continue, i just nod hearing her explanation.

"do you think Jake can accept me even as a friend after knowing what I've done?"she ask.

i let out a silent gasp as i don't even know how to answer the question.

"in case you don't see, Jake actually starting to fall for you. He,himself could not realize this but i can see how his action change towards you"i say.

"he comfort you when you ne—"

"he does that to anyone"she cut making me sigh.

"he wants to be by your side or he'll be boring" i continue.

"you also said he became a comfortable in doing contacts with you physically"

"Jake don't do physical touch with girls. Jarin? they only hold hands,a few kiss on her forehead, hugs? i think only once in their 3 years relationship"i add more.

"still.."the girl mumble making a faint smile creep out on my face.

"no don't say that, he's in progress of falling into you, don't give up..i'll put you two together and make sure you'll never seperate"i reply making Jiwoo giggle lowly.

"and how are you gonna do that?"she ask,at least she look more lively now.

"I'll have my ways "