• 8 •

[ Vye Club | Sim Jake ]

"Sunghoon said the girl claimed that someone followed her from here..and the guy was found here" i exclaim as we step into the crime scene area.

"the culprit maybe did that to get her out of the scene" Jiwoo reply making me nod as she take a few picture of the place.

"but.."

"aren't you a forensic scientist?why are you here? i've been wanting to ask you that"i say as i turn to her making her stop and sigh.

"right?i am. i don't even know why i am working as a forensic investigator with you"she reply.

"In Daegu,i do both.i go back and forth from the station and hospital"

"i work at the hospital when they need extra staff but i mostly stay at the station" she continue.

"that's why they said you're skilled"i mumble but loud enough for her to heard it making her scoff. "it's really rare to see you acknowledging someone potential, i guess you've change"she say.

"i know how hard it is,i've seen Heeseung ups and downs when he study and work on two things once that's why i am impressed"i reply.

she just nod while smirking at me making me scoff.

"what's there?"i say as i see a white cloth stuck in between the boxes near the scene.

i look at Jiwoo before we both walk there and find a white shirt with some trace of blood on it.

"Sunghoon said the girl is injured,it could be hers" Jiwoo say as i pick the piece of cloth and keep it in an evidence bag after she's done with evidence picture.

"if she got injured here..and manage to run,that means the weapon used should be around here too" she continue.

"let's say someone hold her against the wall"i put the bag away and pull Jiwoo by her shoulder then make her stand against the wall where the cloth have been picked off.

[ Kang Jiwoo ]

i was completely speechless as he make me stand in front of him to predict where the used weapon could be thrown too but decide to go with it.

professionally.

"amd he said the girl got injured on her left arm, a little below her shoulder and collar which could be here"i continue as i point at the possible place as we saw the cut from the previous clothing.

"so the culprit could be holding it near her neck or face"he say as he ball up his left fist, act like he is holding something in front of my face.

"and she stop it by holding his wrist.."i reply as i hold onto his wrist.

"and she manage to push his hand off her that the thing accidentally grace her arm..and if it is done really hard,the weapon should be.."Jake mutter as he turn his head around and try to see a possible spot.

"under the bin"i say as i spot something under the garbage bin and get out of his hold to walk there.

"A kitchen knife"i state after pulling it out.

"here"Jake hand me an evidence bag.

"if the stamped fingerprints is the culprit's then he isn't that smart"he say making me scoff.

"if he is dumb enough to not wear a glove"i reply making the latter sigh. "are we done here?I need to find out the print owner and  i need to pick up my car at the hospital"i continue.

"it's 7PM, it has pass your office hour,do it tomorrow.we can check it through the registration centre tomorrow morning"He reply making me nod in defeat.

"then give me a lift to the hospital"i state making him nod. "let's go"he say as he walk pass the yellow tape making me do the same.

He start the engine as we both buckled up our seatbelt and step on the gas pedal.

"where do you live?"he ask making me caught off guard.

"Haneul Lake View Apartment"i lied.

i'm not ready to share these things with him.

"the one near the hospital?"he ask as he take glance at me making me nod. "it's offered a good price for a fully furnished apartment so yeah"i reply.

"it comes before the hospital though,should i just drop you off there?"he ask make my eyes widen.

"and what about my car?"i ask him back.

"it's not like it's on a paid parking spot,it's in the hospital area,no one would steal it"he reply making sigh in defeat.

"or you can ask sunghoon for help-"

"nevermind..just let it sit there overnight.the key is here with me so yeah,you can just drop me off"i cut his sentence making him chuckle and nod.

[ Haneul Lake View Apartment | 7:30PM ]

"see you tomorrow"Jake say before i get out of the car.

"yeah,drive safe"i reply,smiling as i get off his car and bid him a goodbye before he drive away.

as his car disappears from my sight,i turn my smile into a frown before looking up to the building in front of me.

"lucky i knew someone who lives here"i mumble before get into the building.

"i should text him to bring back my car,he have the spare key..his car is downstairs too so it shouldn't be a problem right?"i mutter to myself as i step into the elevator.

after a few minutes in the elevator, i reach the 15th floor and walk out to the known apartment unit.

i type in the passcode making the door open.

i sigh before stepping into the unit and rest my body on the sofa and open my phone to call him.

"what's up?"

"oppa,do you my car spare keys with you?"

"yeah,why?"

"drive it home from the hospital,Jake drop me off"

"how did you know i don't drive today?"

"just do,hang up"

i turn off my phone and lay down on the couch as my eyes are getting heavy each seconds pass.

before realizing it,i already doze off.

[ 11:30PM ]

a sound of someone type in a passcode wake me up from my deep slumber then i heard the door being open.

"mwoya?you're here?"i heard him ask making me groan and nod as i sit up straight on the couch.

"i thought he dropped you off"he say while chuckling as he take a seat beside me.

"yeah,drop me here because i don't want to tell him where i really lived"i reply making him nod.

"then are you going home now,it's half before midnight"he state making me glance at the clock and sigh.

"i'll just sleep here today,i have few work clothes here right?then it's fine"i claim before getting up to go to bathroom to change to a comfy clothing.

"borrow me a shirt"i say from the bathroom making him get up to his room.

after a few seconds a shirt land on my face making me scoff.

"can't you hand it,properly,once?"i say as i glare at him.

"awh sorry ms Kang,will do next time"he state playfully making me roll my eyes. "uh uh make sure you do mr Han"i reply as i close the bathroom door.

yeah Han.

Han Seungmin.

The Surgeon.