• 34 •

[ Sim Jake ]

[ Sim Jake ]

We're on our way back to the station, along with Sunghoon since Jay is on his night duty today. I'm driving Jiwoo's car while Jiwoo and Sunghoon sat in the back seat.

They sat closely beside each other,Jiwoo looks like she's texting someone while Sunghoon keeping his eyes the phone, carefully watching the conversation through the screen.

I can feel something coiling up in my heart but i don't even know why.

There's no way Sunghoon like her, he just broke up with Yubin.

then something hits me,

unless he was already in love with her before he got into the relationship with Yubin

i gasp as i push the brake all the way down as i realize i almost hit the car in front making the two at the back jolt up in surprise before looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"you..okay?should i drive?" Jiwoo ask in worry.

"n-no,we're 2 minutes away anyway"i stutter as i change my gaze back on the road and focus on driving.

I admit it

i admire Kang Jiwoo as a colleague, as a friend, as a man, but the question now is, do i like her?

do i like her that i feel discomfort when seeing her close with Sunghoon or any guy?

do i really like you?

[ Park Sunghoon ]

"Jake seems lost.." Jiwoo whispered to me making the me glance at the guy who is currently driving.

I can see it in his eyes

He is definitely bothered by something

I look at Jiwoo who is right beside me and realize there's no space between us. We're so close to each other. I scoff as I realize that this is the problem that he is bothered with.

If there's one thing you should know about Sim Jaeyun, his curiosity level is as high as an intellectual 5 years old kid.

Jiwoo and I surely get even closer after what happen yesterday despite all the disappointment that I felt at that time.

"do you want to stay at mine's after work?"I ask, loud and clear, definitely on purpose to see Jake's reaction to any of Jiwoo's possible answer.

Jiwoo look at me confused, but then i send her a sign through my eyes to just answer the question i just asked her.

"um,sure.if i have nothing to do "she answer carefully.

"then you should stay at the station, it's dangerous to stay alone for a long time. Jay say he'll stop by 9"she continue making me nod.

"then you'll stay there until when?9?"Jake suddenly ask,resulting a playful grin on my face. "i think? did Jay say anything about if he'll sleep over?"Jiwoo reply before turning to me.

i shake my head before smirking, "you wanna stay for another night?"i playfully ask as the car stop right in front of the station,in one of the parking spots.

"no—i mean, you're both are his targets, what if he find out and attack on both of you?"

"if you guys want to hang out or stay over, you'll need someone else for safety"

Jake reply, he come out a little offensive but cover it up with facts that i couldn't deny. I was testing him after all.

"then will you come?"Jiwoo carefully ask as she lean her body forward to see the guy better making he turn to her as well.

I smirk as I see how his eyes soften when he turn to the girl beside me.

"well..i can if you want,buf you guys can go first after work"

"i'll be there in an hour, i need to get some stuff" Jake answer softly making me scoff. "jelly jake"i mumble before pulling the door handle and get off the car.

"he should realize about his feelings by now" i mutter under my breath before seeing Jiwoo and Jake get off the car after the engine stop.

It's hurt to see Jiwoo lives as her true self knowing that she can never be the girl I use to hold and love deeply for a month.

but her living as Yubin is far more dangerous than now. This is the best thing i could do for her. We aren't sure if we could catch Hanbin before the 16th case happen, I didn't know if I'll make it so leaving her into Jake's arms is the best option.

I hope he can protect you like I wish I could