• 7 •

[ Hanil Hospital ]

[ Hanil Hospital ]

"Heeseung and Seungmin say they're at the cafe"Jay say as we get out of the elevator, walkingto the hospital cafeteria.

"there they are"Jake say, pointing at a table of three people.

"isn't that.."Jiwoo mutter as she recognize someone's figure out of those three.We all walk to the table and take a seat.

"Jiwoo?"a woman ask as she saw the four approaches.

"Jarin.."Jiwoo mumble and smile.She steal a glance of Jake but his expression says nothing, he no longer have the heart eyes he used to give to Jarin.

But Jarin face shows a pure happiness to see him today.

"this is Mr Han.The surgeon"Jay say as he turn to Jiwoo as he point to a neat guy in front of him making the girl smile and held out her hand.

"Han Seungmin"he say as he reach for the latter hand "Kang Jiwoo,from the Forensic team"the girl reply before they hands separated.

Jiwoo gaze then turn to someone in from of her.

"I assume your name is Lee Heeseung"Jiwoo say as she held out her hand again. the guy smile and nod while reaching for her hand and let it go after a few seconds.

"i've heard a lot of you from Daegu force, i'm sure you can handle the cases well"Heeseung compliment her making her smile.

"thanks for the encouragement but we'll see how it goes..the cases will be a lot more complicated than the ones i handled before"Jiwoo reply.

"so what do you want to know?"the surgeon ask.

"basically...everything"Jake reply.

"a woman around..i assume 30,found him unconsciously at the back of the club and called the hospital.she thought he was trying to kill himself as the gun is there"

"so we don't suspect anything and just thought of getting the bullet out as his pulse is getting weaker"

"he didn't lost a lot of blood so we thought he is safe but the heartbeat stop after a few minutes of the surgery"Seungmin explain while Jake write down some new information.

"M9,9 x 19 mm parabellum"Heeseung add.

"i have checked if he have a brain trauma but he doesn't,his head do bleed due to a sudden fall from the impact but it surely ain't hard enough to cause a serious brain trauma"Jarin continue.

"then we hand jay some of the blood sample as it's a little fishy then we find out that the bullet most probably been covered with poison"Seungmin say.

"the bullet depth is just about 3cm far,it must have been shot at least 2 and a half meter from the dead. if he shot himself, the wound should be deeper" Heeseung continue.

"the numbers prove more for sure"Jiwoo say making all of them nod. "but it's kinda odd"Sunghoon say making the attention turns toward him in a second.

"the cases before have the number carved on their skin but this one seems to be stamped"he continue making they all lost in thoughts.

"you're right"jake mutter.

[ Kang Jiwoo ]

"where are we going?"i ask as me and Jake walk out of the hospital building. "Vye"he answer shortly before take out his car key.

He step into his Mercedes Benz making me do the same.

He start the engine and drive away from the hospital to the said club.

"this is kinda rude because we just met earlier but is there something wrong between you and your girlfriend?"i ask after a while staying in the silence.

i glance at the guy only to find him smile bitterly.

"we have broke up 2 years back but it end in a good way so it's less awkward to see her while working" he reply, leaving me surprise.

"ah so that's why..i shouldn't ask you that question, sorry"i say making him smile widely.

that smile.

the smile i used to fall for..

is in front of me again

"it's okay, i decide to end it as we're constantly misunderstood each other and face too much conflicts at one time"

"i think we are better as friends than a lover so to me"

"Jarin label now is just a high school and college crush that i decide to let go because it would end up hurting one of us or even both"he rants.

"it must be so hard to do that..she's you first love after all"i reply making him chuckle.

"of course it is..but first love always don't work, right?" he say as he glance at me making me smile bitterly.

"yeah it doesn't"i reply.