• 53 •

Sunghoon do realize there is an unfamiliar car that has been following him since he left the hospital but he try to keep it positive and ignore it by focusing on thinking about the child custody case he is going to handle in less than an hour

Sunghoon flinch and glance at his phone as it rings but realizing it's only Heeseung making him sigh before picking it up and put it on a speaker.

"what is it?"

Sunghoon ask as he pick the call up

"you're on your way to the court?"

"yeah, 10 minutes away"

Sunghoon reply as he glance at the navigation estimated time.

"anything weird?"

"do you want me to be honest or play it safe?"

"Park Sunghoon"

Heeseung called firmly as the guy seems to be joke around making Sunghoon chuckle.

"there's an unfamiliar car has been following me since I left Hanil"

"that's certainly not good but"

"but?"

"Jiwoo has figure it out"

"if Jake is being stubborn today I'm certain they'll be in a middle of an argument now"

"but they send a safeguard"

"will be there by anytime now"

Sunghoon just reply with a hum as he glance at his rear mirror to see if the car is still there and sigh as it still in sight but not so long as he finally hear a police siren and see two police car appear and make their way to him.

"I guess they're here"

"so don't worry Kang Jiwoo"

"you better make up with Jake"

"as much as you want to protect me and him, he want the same thing"

"I didn't set you two up to argue about me"

Sunghoon rants while smiling, he knows the girl is probably there with Heeseung as he is her Doctor in charge because he is the one who handle her surgery.

"shut the fuck up Park Sunghoon"

Sunghoon scoff as he heard the girl reply before chuckling.

"fine, fine"

"I'll end the call now"

"I'm 2 minutes away from the court"

"alright, hit us up if you see anything suspicious"

Sunghoon reply with a hum before hanging up and focus on driving.

[ Hanil Hospital ]

Jiwoo roll her eyes as the call end. Jay and Jarin has left just a while ago, right before Heeseung decide to hit Sunghoon up. while Jake hasn't come back since he left them in the middle of his call with the other officer.

Heeseung let out a sigh as he see the girl behaviour. He agree that Jiwoo have her reason to be mad at Jake but Jake also have a reason to feel offended by her behaviour.

He knew Jake the longest amongst all of them, he know that Jake is slightly piss that he feel like Jiwoo rather let Sunghoon getting hunt than let him go and protect his best friend by himself. Jake is definitely somewhere, calming himself down to not get angry towards the unwell girl.

"listen here, young lady"

"you both are guilty in this small, not so little argument"

"you want to protect them both"

"he want to protect Sunghoon"

"you two have right to be mad at each other"

"but still"

"you have to say sorry"

"I'm going to repeat this to Jake too so don't say it's unfair"

"you both felt offended"

"just.."

"make up"

"don't let the tension go on for too long"

"who knows what can happen in the midst of it"

Heeseung rants making Jiwoo sigh quietly as he sound like her dad for a brief moment. Jiwoo look up to Heeseung making him raise his eyebrow as an assurance making the girl nod in defeat before he slightly smile and take a quick glance at his wrist watch.

"I have a patient appointment"

"pretty sure Jake will be here in a few"

"so excuse me"

Heeseung say making her nod before the guy make his way out of her room.

•--------------------------•

"That's all from me Your Honour"

Sunghoon exclaim before he walk back towards his place and take a seat as the judge wrote down the all the previous points proven by him.

"Is there anything you want to add Mr. Min?"

The judge question the defendant sides.

"No, Your Honour"

He reply.

"Then we'll have a short break before calling the next witnesses being announced"

The judge announced making Sunghoon sigh in relief. He is confident about winning the case as all the proof have been beneficial for his side.

As people start leaving the hall, Sunghoon eyes wonder along the crowds before a man caught his attention as he was sitting on the last row, alone, folding his hand across his chest.

"Han Seungmin.."

Sunghoon gulp as he finally realize as the guy smirk and left the hall after. He released a shaky breath as he feel bothered by the man presence.

"You okay?"

Dami ask as Sunghoon walk down from their place, making him nod a few times before he reach for a bottled water.

"Call Heeseung"

He say right after drinking making the girl confuse.

"Seungmin was here"

He continued making her shocked and take out her phone right away before dialling her boyfriend number.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

Heeseung utter as soon as he pick the call up.

"Han Seungmin came"

"He was here just now"

Sunghoon answer.