• 19 •

[ Sim Jake | 28th June ]

it have been a month since the 10th cased occur,but we still haven't caught any of the suspect.There's a few suspect for the 10th case and none for the 11th and 12th one.

As Sunghoon say he felt something is off with Jarin, i started to keep my eyes on her again but then,when i check her work schedule.She was on her duty everytime the case occur.

Jiwoo is on leave for two days,today and tomorrow because her dad involves in a car accident in Changwon.

I am now alone in my office,looking through all the evidence that were found through out all of the cases.
the most recent thing that would be useful is the footprints.

but then again,none of the suspect have the exact size as the print and they don't have any shoes that match the prints pattern.

"you're really good at hiding.."i mumble before leaning on my swivel chair.

"why do I feel lonely to be alone here?"

"I worked alone before.."

i question myself as i glance at the desk calender and realized it's sunday.

"Sunghoon is probably on leave today.."i mutter before reaching my phone to call the said guy.

[ Park Sunghoon | 9:48AM ]

i woke up due my phone ringing making me groan.

i reach for the phone that is on my nightstand and answer the call without checking who is it.

"who's this?"i say with my morning voice with a hint of raspiness in it making the guy on the other side scoff.

I then straight away recognise the caller.

"Sim Jaeyun,in case you forgot..it's my day off"i say in annoyed tone before lay my body back on the bed mattress.

"i know.but it's too stressful to being alone,these cases are driving me crazy"

he rants making me chuckle.

"dude..you're falling"i reply with a smirk on my face.

"it's not about that,im talking about all these almost impossible to solve cases"

he argue.

"you're just getting too comfortable to work with a partner.If you call me to meet up,let's just meet up after your work hour..i need..more sleep"

i reply making him sigh.

"what did you do all night?you sound extremely.. tired like you're wasted"

he questioned making me sigh this time.

"probably..drank too much"i answer simply.

"hang up,i'll see you in the evening"i continue and end the call before he could reply anything.

"who's that?"

i turn my body to my left,the inner side of the bed and meet eyes with another pair of sleepy eyes.

"my friend"i answer shortly making the figure nod.

"now tell me why the fuck did you drink yesterday?" i ask the girl beside me with a sharp gaze despite laying down.

"the exam doesn't go as plan.."she answer.

i let out a sigh before pulling her closer and hug her tightly,giving a kiss on the crown of her head.

"still,you shouldn't do that..it's not good for you. You could tell me anything,you know that right?"i try comfort her.

the girl give me a few nod.

"it taste like shit..probably not gonna do that again" she reply making me smile.

"im not planning to let you too"

"if anything goes wrong"

"you can always find me first"

"get that,darling?"

i say making her smile too before nodding and peck my lips.

"im going back to my parents for a week..Hanbin said he is busy all week and they said they need help at home,so im going back"she continue.

"do you want me to send you there?"i ask making her shake her head as answer.

"Hanbin will,mom will be furious if he don't"she reply making me chuckle and nod.

"Lee Yubin"

i call making her look up to my face.

i shake my head before peck her forehead.

"don't do that again,okay?"i remind her as i caress her cheek making her nod.

"do you want to continue sleeping or do you want me to order some breakfast for the hangover?"i ask.

"can we sleep more?"the girl reply making me nod.

I was drinking some hard liquor before Yubin knock on my door at 1 AM after texting me to ask if asleep about half an hour back.

I open the door and surprise to see her in a drunk state.the girl straightly pull me into a hug after i pull her in and close the door.

i keep asking her about what happen but she keep insisting that nothing happened and she just miss me so she came.

"when will you get going?at night?"i ask,putting my head above hers.

she reply with a hum, "can i borrow your clothes later?"she ask making me smile. "because you're not gonna meet me for the next one and a half week?"i ask her back making her hum again.

"sure baby,now sleep"i mumble as i carress the back of her head softly before tuck her hair from her forehead behind her ear making me frown as i feel her body heating up.

"why is your temperature increasing?"i ask in worried.

"molla..my throat hurts too,i think i caught cold. my nose feel like burning"she reply in a low voice. "i told you to dress warmly at night"i say making her whine.

"i will next time,okay?"she then say as she tightened her wrap around my waist making me sigh.