• 20 •

[ Lee Jarin | 1:26PM ]

i took a leave today due to my fever getting worse.

but im now on my way to the nearest café from my house to grab some warm tea for my headache as i ran out of it.

"hi,what can i help you?"the guy behind the counter ask.

"hi, can i get a hot chamomile tea please for take out?" i reply.

"sure, anything else?" he ask more.

"i'll take a chocolate croissant, that's all" i continue making him nod.

"that'll be 5,500₩"he say and i hand him some cash.

After a few minutes of waiting, i finally got my meal and about to walk out of the café.

well until i see someone familiar entering the cafe.

Jake.

he don't even look at me and walk pass me straight up to the counter.

"can i please talk to the manager?tell him it's about Kim Taejun"

i heard him ask.

"please wait here for few minutes,i'll get him for you sir"the guy reply.

right.

Kim Taejun.

after a little hesitation, i decide to walk by his side.

"I don't see Jiwoo around"i speak up making him to look at me and surprised to see me there.

"im on leave,i caught a fever"i continue as i sip on the cup of tea in my hand.

"then why are you out wearing crops?are u insane?"he ask with a hint of anger in his voice.

"so you care"i reply in sarcasm making him sigh.

"i'm your friend, i am supposed to care"he reply making me scoff.

"right..we're friends,i guess you can't see it"i mumble but he heard them. "see what?"he ask making me smirk and roll my eyes.

"that i'm still into you"i reply as i look at him.

"Jarin,i'm workin—"

"even if you're not,you'll avoid this conversation"i cut him with a stern voice. "whatever,i'm going home"i continue and walk away but stop as he say something.

"take ibuprofen..you have them in your kitchen cabinet, don't wear crops, you'll catch cold"he advice.

"i know how to take care of my own body"i reply before walk away and out from the café.

Kang Jiwoo

my chance to get him back is ruined because of you

why are you here?

why you out of all people?

i'll find a way to him

even if i have to go through you

[ Sim Jake | Hibye Café ]

"i forgot she live in the same apartment as Sunghoon" i mutter.

"What brings you here Inspector?"

i look up and see the café manager in front of me.

"i forgot to ask the other day,was there anyone who despise Taejun?"i ask as i take out my note pad.

"Taejun have a good discipline at work place,i'm pretty sure no one ever feel uncomfortable or hate him"he reply making me nod.

"do you know that he like to go to the club?" i ask more.

"of course, i met him once before but i know he always go to Vida's on weekends"he answer making me nod a few times.

"thank you for the information,that's all i want to know"i say while smiling making him mirror my action before i excuse myself.

"the manager isn't in the best condition with him, because Taejun comes from a lawfirm"

"i don't know why but he don't like the company"

"i think he have some beef with Hwi Lawfirm"

"he don't want Taejun to work at the café but he gave up as Taejun beg to let him work there"

i recalled the conversation between me and the café girl before i decide to come to the cafe.

i give her my contact number the other day in case she remember something or have additional detail about Taejun.

he said he met Taejun once at Vida's but then he knew that he go there every weekend.

beef with Hwi Lawfirm?

Park Minsu and Kim Taejun

what could bring them together?

Park Sunghoon

I look up towards Sunghoon apartment that only a few meters away from where i am standing.

i then make my way there without further thinking.

i get into the elevator and push his unit level button.

6th floor, F-071

"he must be asleep,there's no use of me ringing the bell"i am now standing in front of his unit and put in his door code.

tit-it !

the door got unlocked making me push it to open it and i am probably right about him sleeping.

there's no sign of him in the living room.

"Park Sunghoon wake up,i have works to do" i say as i take off my shoes and plop myself on his couch looking down on my phone.

i frown as i receive no reply from the called guy.

i turn around to see towards his bedroom but stop as i see a figure looking at me from the kitchen.

a girl.

with medium length brown hair.

wearing white shirt.

to be precise,Sunghoon tee.

a white mask and snap back black cap.

do i enter a wrong house?

"um..i believe you're Sunghoon friend,w—wait"she stutter before rushing into Sunghoon room in panic.

"w-what? "i question myself in confusion.

"why are you here..?" i look up to my side and see a surprise Sunghoon making me scoff.

"some..investigation?"i reply.

he is about to say something but i stop him by holding my hand out to shut him.

"who,the fuck is that?"i ask in disbelief.

"aa,she—"

"Sunghoon can you bring me my tea on the counter?" the girl cut him this time from his bedroom door.

"sure baby,do you want anything else?"the guy ask as he walk towards the kitchen counter making me let out an inaudible gasp.

"no thank you"the girl reply as Sunghoon walk to her and hand her the tea.She glance at me before closing the bedroom door.

i keep my eyes on Sunghoon who is walking towards me.

"you know what?the investigation can wait for an hour,i need to know what's going on here because you have a girl in your house or should i mention room? and you call her sweet names"

i rants.