• 12 •

[ Incheon Police Station | Sim Jake ]

i just finished complying all the files from the past cases of the serial murders as Jiwoo told me to yesterday.

i look at the pile of file in front of me and sigh before moving them to another drawer under my table.

seperating them from others to make it easier to find.

i take out my phone from the back of my pants and dial Jiwoo's number.

after a few rings,she pick it up.

"you're still at the hospital?"i ask right away.

"yeah,im with Jay.ouh, and Park Sunghoon"

she reply,there's a hint of annoyance when she mention Sunghoon name.

"mhm,i'll be there in 15"i say and the girl reply with a hum before i end up the call.I grab a piece of paper that have all the serial numbers of the dead victims.

[ Hanil Hospital | Jay's Office ]

i knock on the door once before opens it reveals those three.

"Jake you won't believe me,Jiwoo—Argh!"

Jiwoo kick him on the leg before he could complete his sentence making him groan leave me in confused state.

"that's violence Ms Kang"the guy protest making her roll her eyes.

i just shake my head looking at the two before diverting my gaze to Jay who seems to be done with the two as well.

"what's that?"Jay ask as he point at the paper i have been holding making the two look at me as well.

"Ah,serial numbers"i answer as i hand it to Jiwoo.

the girl take it and look through the numbers carefully.After a while,she seems to figure out something.

[ Kang Jiwoo ]

000101
020002
012003
221004
023005
031206
040307
024208
034209
025310

i look through the listed numbers.After a while i realize something.

"for sure,the last two digits is for the victims turns..and the first four.."i murmurs.

"okay,what's 0+3+4+2?"i ask as i look at Jake.

"Nine"he answers shortly.

"the numbers sums up to the number of victims"i explains making them lost. "so he or she pick out randoms number that'll sums up to the current numbers of victims?"Jay ask.

"i don't think they are randoms numbers"Jake say making me nod.

"you get home from the club at 3 right,on the other day?"i question Sunghoon who is currently facing me making him nod as an answers.

"it's their time of death"i say.

"the killer kill them at an exact time that will add up to the numbers of victims"

"the 10th cases time of death supposed to be on 2:53 in the morning but someone found him and that change his time"i explain further.

"they're going that far?they must be enjoying this" Sunghoon mumbles.

"but you can predict when the next cases will occur now"he continue making me sigh. "you're not as smart as i thought,im glad that i've stopped liking you"i reply in a clear annoyance.

"list me down all possible numbers outcomes for that" i continue.

"wait—you liked sunghoon?"Jake asks in disbelief.

oh shoot

"thanks for remembering to put the like on past tense Sim Jaeyun,yes i did.but it's doesn't matter now" i answer him.

"you call him Jaeyun?awh"Jay say in a teasing tones making Jake roll his eyes. "that doesn't mean you guys can,it's become her habit..i mean it comes from high school so i couldn't blame her for that"He reply making me nod.

"im going to the restroom for a second"i excuse myself from them and walk out of the room.

i walk to the restroom calmly before feeling a presence behind me making me turn around fast.

Lee Heeseung.

"are you following me?"i ask.

"i don't know,am i?"he ask me back,smirking.

i scoff and walk closer to him as i realize we are alone in the hallway as it is the office section.

"you can't be too close with me,people with suspected us..we wouldn't want that"i whisper before looking up to him.

"ah,my mistake.i'll get going then"He reply with a smug face and walk away.