• 39 •

[ OnE Condominium | 9:38PM ]

"let me—"

Jake about to take the carrier away from Jiwoo's hand as they are walking to the elevator but Jiwoo drop them right away before he could as she is surprise making the guy shock.

Jiwoo look away as she felt slightly uncomfortable. the elevator door opens and Jake assure her to walk in as he push his floor level button.

tting !

the elevator door opens again as it reach the 17th floor. Jake lead the way to his unit and Jiwoo just follow him quietly, watch him entering the passcode and finally step into his house making she do too.

the girl look around, analysing the guy house interior.His wall painted in classic blue while all the furnitures are in creamy beige, screaming minimalist yet rich vibe.

"here, this is your room"

Jake say makes Jiwoo turn to her left and see Jake standing in front a door before proceed to open it. Jiwoo slowly walk to the guy and see the room that he have prepared for her.

"my room is on the right, there's a bathroom inside so you don't have to use the one near the kitchen"

Jake continue making the girl nod. she is about to close the room door but Jake stop her making the girl confused as she slowly look up to the guy face.

"tomorrow.."

"take a leave"

"you don't have to force yourself if you're not okay"

Jake assure her making the girl sigh before shaking her head which make the guy even worry.

"i'm okay"

Jiwoo reply making Jake sigh before reaching for her hand and say,

"anyone could tell you're not"

"take a leave and rest tomorrow, i'll take the responsibility to explain"

"no"

  Jiwoo reply, still against Jake's idea.

"i don't want to be left alone.."

"i'm scared"

Jiwoo look down to her feet as she continue making Jake surprise. Jake lift one of his hand and caress her cut cheeks making the girl flinch.

"then i'll take a leave too"

"we'll rest together"

"is it okay now?"

Jake ask making the girl look up again before nodding after a glimpse of hesitation could be seen through her eyes. Jake smile after Jiwoo finally agree with his idea.

"take a shower then we'll treat the bruise and cut,okay?"

Jake ask making the girl nod a few times making him smile.

"that's my girl. don't shower for too long, it's not good for your body as it almost midnight"

Jake continue as he take a glance of his watch which shows half before 11 O' Clock.The girl nod again before Jake step back and slowly close the door.

[ 10:45PM ]

Jiwoo get out of the shower and stand in front of a big mirror located in one of the room corner. her eyes are focusing on the bruise on her neck. She thought she will die as Hanbin doesn't seem like he want to let her go.

On the other side, Jake knock on the girl door as he want to hand her a cup of warm chamomile tea but he don't receive any response from her which make him worry. Jake then proceed to open the door slowly to see if Jiwoo is done with the shower but then he see the girl standing still, in front of a mirror while tracing her finger on the bruise on her neck.

Jake walk closer and put the tea on the nightstand beside the bed and walk behind her.

"Kang Ji-"

"how do you know I live there?"

Jake call was cut with Jiwoo's question.

"I was with Sunghoon when he called you"

Jake answer making the girl turn around to face him.

"I was the one who asked him to call you because I was driving"

"I just about to drop him at Jay's after some groceries shopping"

He continue as he take a step closer towards the girl.

"Sunghoon want to come but I said no because he could wait for him"

"then he told me your real address"

he add making the girl look away as the guiltiness runs in her again after a while.

"I'm sorry..I know I'm not supposed to lie"

Jiwoo reply as she look down but Jake make her look up again by softly lifting her head by a finger under her chin. Jake then let out a smile making the girl confused.

"I don't mind it at all"

"it must be awkward if you met someone after a long time and he decide to send you back on the first day of meeting"

Jake say as he caress the girl shoulder.

"I made you a chamomile tea, it's good for sleep since I think you're going to have a hard time sleeping today"

he continue making the girl nod before Jake assure her to take a seat on the bed corner as he take the tea and hand it to her. Jiwoo glance at the girl before taking a sip of the tea in her hand while Jake having his eyes on her neck.Jiwoo glance at Jake and realize he is looking at her bruise neck making her put down the tea.

"I thought he'll kill me today"

Jiwoo say still not looking at the latter, making Jake shift his gaze from her neck to her face as his eyes soften.

"His grip was so tight that I couldn't breath anymore"

Jake could see her eyes getting teary so he try to think of a way to distract her so he make the girl look at him by cupping her face but she wince as he accidentally touch the cut.

"right,your cut, wait here for a second"

Jake say as he rush out to take his emergency kit. He came back less than a minute with the kit in his hand before placing it on beside the girl. He take out a cotton buds and dip its tip in antiseptic.

"come here"

he say making Jiwoo lean in to his side, Jake adjust her head to get a clear view of the cut before applying the antiseptic around the cut, cautiously as he don't want to touch the cut cause it'll hurt her. As he done, he take a plaster and put it on top of the cut.

Jiwoo look down to the batch of plaster he just took. It's in sky blue and have a white cloud decorating and that makes her giggle.

"where did you get these?"

Jiwoo ask as she take one in her hand to take a closer look on the cute design. Seeing the girl finally smile making Jake smile too.

"my mom gave me"

He answer making the girl smile even wider.

"it's so cute.."

she mutter.