• 25 •

[ Hanil Hospital | 2pm ]

"what time can you go home?" Jake ask the laying guy.

"They say around 4"Sunghoon answer making the other nod before they both turn to Jiwoo who is currently zoning out by the window.

The door slide open reaveal Seungmin.

"these are your medications,take them twice a day and the green one is a pain reliever in case the stitches hurts"

"but if you feel like it's bleeding come straight here, you can start working in three days"he explains.

"thanks hyung"Sunghoon say making the older nod.

They knew Seungmin from Jarin.

They attend medical school together along with Jay but Seungmin is much more closer with Jarin.

Seungmin gaze then move to the figure by the window.

"what's up with Jiwoo?"he ask without looking at the two. "we found Park Minsu body hanging on his chandelier in his house and there are notes scattered on the floor"Jake reply.

"and she said the killer is targeting her now"he continue.

There's one thing they don't know.

Han Seungmin and Kang Jiwoo have known each other for years.

Seungmin fastly realize what's wrong and make his way to her.

"hey"Seungmin greet her with a smile as she turn to him.

"Jake just told me something"he continue making the girl look down. Seungmin put his hands on her shoulder before pulling her into a hug.

"you can cry"he say but the girl isn't responding.

Jake and Sunghoon look at each other in confused.

Seungmin seems to whisper a few things to her to calm her down but ended up being push a few steps away.

"i am okay,you can go"Jiwoo say making the guy sigh and walk away. "Sunghoon make sure you eat those, or you can't go to work for a week"he remind Sunghoon making him nod.

The two then turn to Jiwoo who is currently making her way to them. "are you close with him?"Jake ask right away.

"we have knew each other before but we are not that close now"she answer. "that's mean you two used to be close?"Jake question making her nod.

"then why—"

"jaeyun-a"Jiwoo simple mention of the guy name makes him stop. "sorry"he apologies.

"oh, Jarin text me a while ago. i'll go to her now, stay here with Sunghoon"Jake continue making the girl nod before taking a seat beside the hospital bed.

[ Jarin's Office ]

"why do you want to meet me?"Jake ask as soon as he step into her office space. "i just want to"Jarin answer makes the guy frown.

"Lee Jarin, I have loads of work to get do—"

"Fine! I don't like you being around Jiwoo!" the girl let out makes Jake confused. "We're colleagues, we're a team. We're supposed to be around together " Jake say.

"Thus, we're not together anymore. why do you care so much?"he adds making Jarin scoff in annoyance.

"You've been like this since we started dated in high school, I can't even work with girls even when they clearly have no feelings for me"he continue.

"I guess you're that dense"Jarin reply as she she smirk.

"what do you mean?"Jake ask in confusion.

"Jiwoo liked you"Jarin answer making the guy in front of her froze.

"And I don't like that"

"She liked you since we're in the 10th grade and I know that she try to confess to you on the graduation day"

"so you ask me to reveal our relationship on that day?"Jake ask in an annoyed tone and the girl reply with a nod.

"how's childish of you"Jake mumble but loud enough to let the girl hear it. "Jake, I still love you and seeing you aroundher just don't feel right—"Jarin's word were cut off by Jake.

"and my feelings for you have been buried since the last 2 years"

"I don't care if Jiwoo liked me or what but what made you think i'll accepted her at that time when i'm already with you"He continue making the girl look away.

"you never trust me in anything that's why we're constantly argue about nonsense things"

"you can go out with your guy friends but i can't even make a friend that is a girl"

"I have no plan on to fix us. you will either have me as a friend or nothing at all"

"there's not gonna be in between, so choose wisely"

Jake rants before leaving the girl there alone.

"Kang Jiwoo.."the girl mutter before scoff and smirk.