• 37 •

[ 7AM | Kang Jiwoo ]

i wake up as i feel the sunlight hits my face. I groan as I stretch up my whole body before sitting on the bed. I look around and confused for a few second before remembering i slept in Jay's room.

I flinch as I heard the door opens making me turn to the direction quickly and see Sunghoon leaning his body on the door frame making me scoff in annoyance.

"you're not cool"

i say while smiling making the guy roll his eyes before walking to the bed i'm on. He sit on the edge of the bed, facing me.

"what you want?"i ask.

he lean closer to me.

"did Jake said something last night?"he question making me froze. "no"i reply almost immediately, shaking my head.

"where's my clothes?i have to take shower" i add as i get off the bed and walk straight to the bedroom door and exit the room.

well at least that what i intended to do before meeting eyes with Jake who just exited the opposite room making we both froze at our place.he already showered and wearing his casual office attire.

"m-morning..?"

I say as I put on an awkward smile making him do the same. "morning" he reply, "Um—I-I'll just take a shower real quick" I say before I rush to the living room, picking up the bag Sunghoon brought yesterday.

"You don't have to rush,it's just 7:24AM..I got up early"

Jake assure before I turn to face him making me surprise and stumble backwards but Jake manage tu catch my arm before I can fall.

"careful"he say making me nod, "thank you" I mutter before walking away back into Jay's room and see Sunghoon remain unmoved from his place, grinning at my presence making me scoff.

"get out Park Sunghoon"

I say making the guy nod before making his way to me, "by the way, your welcome" he say as he pat my head a few times while smiling before walking out and shut the door.

are you really fine with this?

i'm sorry..

[ Incheon Police Station ]

"I want to check Han Seungmin leaves detail" Jake say making Damin and Jiwoo surprise. "you're suspecting him?aren't you two close?" Damin ask.

"that's why"Jake answer.

"I want to make sure he's innocent to clear this up"

he continue making the two nod.

"then, just ask for all the medical staff leaves detail. Maybe we can find him from there" Jiwoo add.

"I can request that from Hanil,give me 2 days" Damin say making the other guy nod before Damin excuse himself leaving Jake and Jiwoo in Jake's office.

Jiwoo take a glance at her watch which shows sharp 5 in the evening. She lift her head and see Jake looking at her making her a little surprise.

"why?" she ask making the guy shake his head.

"you just seem so awkward and uncomfortable today" he reply before looking down his feet.

"if it's about last night then i'm sorry"he continue making the girl widen her eyes.

"it's not about that..I'm just...a little..shocked"Jiwoo reply as her sentence became unclear, word by word by the end of it.

"it's not that i don't like you but—"

"but?" Jake cuts Jiwoo word making the girl go speechless.

"Um—it's just that...I don't want you..to get hurt. And, I'm not someone you think I am"she let out a heavy sigh after finishing her sentence before palming her face.

"I just—I don't want us to be together."

"To be precise, I don't want to be with anyone"

"No matter how much I wanted to"

"I can't"

"it's dangerous.."

"I don't want my partner to get hurt"

I've had enough with what happened to Sunghoon

Jiwoo continue,looking down holding herself to not get into the deep waves of emotion in front of the guy despite feeling tears building up through the corner of her eyes.

"Kang Jiwoo"

Jake call making the girl slowly lift her head to look at him again. "I know it all" he continue making the girl surprise.

"you know about what?" she ask.

"I know how people can be imperfect. In fact, we all are. And about not knowing what and who your truly are depend on how comfortable you are with me"

"no matter how you think that you're not as good as you seem, you can't change the fact that despite all of that, i am still attracted to you without a valid reason"

Jake reply making Jiwoo sigh in relief before she wipe away her tears which are about to escape her eyes.

She felt relieved that the guy haven't discovered her other side but she couldn't help but to wonder;

what if he knows?

will he be mad?

will he left her?

what will he feel?

will he despise her?

for how long?

a month?

a week?

a year?

a decade?

his whole life?