• 24 •

[ Kang Jiwoo | Incheon Police Station ]

"if it's not Heeseung then who?"Jake question making me shrug my shoulder. "Have you met the café manager?" I ask making him nod.

"but not after Sunghoon gets warded"he say as he turns to me.

"do you wanna go there?"he continue making me think for a while before nodding.We both stand up and take our things before heading out from the station.

"have anyone found Sunghoon's car?" I ask as we get into his car making him shakes his head. "You say Jarin and Heeseung went to the same middle school and keep in touch after that until now"I continue making him nod again.

He turns his body to me as he start the engine.

"and Sunghoon say Heeseung and Yubin have knew each other ever since too"I continue. "yeah but Heeseung went to our school,and Yubin claims to go there too"he reply.

"i'm not sure if it could be Jarin"I mutter.

"I was the Student council member,i knew almost everyone but i'm certainly sure that there wasn't any of the girl named Lee Yubin"he say.

"but Heeseung knew her"i continue making him nod.

"isn't that suspicious enough?"i question.

"he knew who is the real Lee Yubin, he could knew about Hanbin too"i adds.

"but why doesn't he try to tell us anything?"i continue making Jake stare at me. "i don't know about that but we'll just gonna keep our eyes on him still"he reply making me nod.

"let's just head to the café"i say making him look at me up and down making me confused. "why?just drive"i say making him sigh before leaning to me.

i back off to the seat before finding half of his body in front of me, pulling the seatbelt and put it on me.

ah..that was the problem

"I'm not gonna be responsible if you get hurt"he say making me scoff as i watch him goes back to his seat and start to drive away from the station.

i keep my gaze out of the window,trying to hide the fact that i'm burning from his precious act.

"Sunghoon will discard today right?"i ask,still not turning to him.I heard him reply with a hum.

"why?you want to visit him?"he ask.

"i'll stop by his apartment before going home"i reply making him awfully quiet after.

"you..knew his unit?we never went there together" he say.

"i mean we have knew each other for the last 4 years so yeah..he knew mine too"i reply,finally looking at him.

"you guys really..clicked huh"he say,glance at me making me nod awkwardly, "yeah..?"i reply. "bureobda.."i heard him mumble.

[ Sim Jake | RS Terace ]

We go to the café but find out that he hasn't go to the cafe since the last two days so we ask for his house adress instead.

we get off the car and stand in front of his house.

My eyes wonders around and stop as i see a familiar vehicle.

"Sunghoon's car.."i say making Jiwoo look at the direction that i'm currently looking.

"08 서 7012, you're right..it's Sunghoon's.."she mumble but i manage to catch it.

"let's just hope it's not what we think it is"I say as i turn to Jiwoo.She have worried plastered all over her face.

She looks like she knew something.

and the something is a bad thing.

She doesn't say anything instead she gets ahead of me and take a deep breath before opening the unlock door.

she about to walk in but stop her step and slowly step back making me confused then take a few steps closer to her.

"jaeyun-a.."she call as she turn her head to me.

"wae?"i ask as i put a hand on her shoulder.

she turn her gaze to the front and look up making me do the same and surprise to see a body hang up high below the chandelier.

we look at each other before walking closer to the dead hanging body.

there's plenty of papers on the floor.

Jiwoo crouch and take a look at one of them.

"doesn't it look familiar?"she read out aloud before the paper fall out her hand. "what's wrong?"i ask as i realize her hands slowly start to shakes and clench.

"i guess he is targeting me now.."she mutter before looking up at me. "what do you mean?"i ask in worry as i crouch beside her.

she keep her eyes on a particular piece of paper make me look there.

"it's look like your mom on your graduation day"

what..

why didn't i knew?

i look at Jiwoo and see her eyes are brimming by tears.

"ya, look at me"

i say as i make her look at me for distracts her.

"you wanna go?i'll ask the team to clean these"i continue making her move her gaze to me. "it's okay" i add as i help her to stand.

she look up to see Park Minsu body.

"i'll put Lee Hanbin to his place.."

i heard she mumble.

"let's go"i pull her by hands, walk out from the house into the car.

i start the engine and drive away after having a quick call with the Forensic team and the quarter.

i take a glance at Jiwoo one a while,seeing her keep her eyes out of the window. I want to ask if my thoughts are true but i don't feel it's the right time to do that.

As i see a red light,i slowly move my hand to her side and patt her knee making her head turn to me within second.

"you okay?"i ask a short but complicated to answer question.she slowly turn her gaze to my hand making me pull it away.

"sorry,if that makes...you uncomfortable"i say.

she look at me and shake her head.

"no it's okay"she reply making me smile slightly before proceed to take her hands and put it on my palm,not holding them, it just palm to palm touch.

"i know i am your colleague but i'm your friend too, you can tell me anything that are bothering you" i say making her look at me.

"i'm afraid that it'll make you uncomfortable if i ask so i'll wait for you to open up"

"just know that i'm here"

i continue making her force a smile before nodding a few times making me smile.

"we'll go to Hanil, I want to meet Sunghoon and Heeseung"i add making her nod again.

i put her hands down and get a hold of the steering wheel as the light turns to green.

I'm can't feel this way but why am i feeling this again?

the feeling of falling into Jarin

is back but for a different people

am i starting to like Jiwoo?