• 15 •

[ Incheon Police Station | 10AM | Kang Jiwoo ]

"new case"

Damin,the officer appoint as he hand me and Jake a file.

"it's June 6th..they changed plans?"i heard Jake muttered as he read the report thoroughly.

"i guess they like clubs..Vida huh"I mumbled before closing the file and put it on my desk as i grab my things.

Jake stand up with the file inhis hand after seeing me getting ready to go to the said place.

"mine"Jake say as he shows me his car keys and walk away making me follow him from behind.

we get inside of his car as he unlock it.

"Kim Taejun,31,Vida Club.."he mutters make me look at him as he start the car engine and step on the gas pedal.

"it stated there he was found in of the rooms there at 5 something in the morning"i continue making him nod. "reach sunghoon for me,can you do that?"he reply softly.

i can feel my heart flutters due to his soft tone.

i reach my phone from my jacket and search for his number.I then tap on his name to call him.

i put him on loud speaker

he pick up the call after a few rings.

"what's up?you never call me,is it about J—"

"Jake wants to talk to you"

i cut him as he almost mention the other guy name.

i hold the phone out closer to Jake making him smile while i maintain my gaze on the road.

"do you receive any new case?"Jake ask.

"i..don't think so,why?"the guy on the other side ask.

"i think you'll receive one more case either today or tomorrow cause there's new one this morning"Jake reply.

"really?where?"Sunghoon ask.

"Kim Taejun,Vida Club"Jake answer resulting a silence through the call which caught my attention.

"why?what's wrong?"i ask

"nothing.Ya,Kang Jiwoo let's meet up after work"
he reply makes me confused.

"o..kay?but where?"i ask more.

"i'll go to you,i have to go.see you later"

the guy reply making me hum before he end the call.

"you guys are closer than i thought"Jake say make me chuckled awkwardly.

"yeah,but why do you ask me to contact him?"i ask him.

"the past victims comes from a bad background"he say

"they involve in drug dealing, sex trafficking, illegal immigrants and much more"

"but this guy is a commoners.He works at a cafe located near the club,nothing special about his data or identity.why did he become one of the victims?"

he continue making me amazed by how fast he remembers all the small detail of the victims.

"maybe there's another side of him?you know,people change"i reply making him lean his back properly on the driver seat.

"the club is near Sunghoon's apartment"

"the exact guy once work with him,Taejun used to be a prosecutor together with him,they work on one case together.And it's one of the serial case"he adds making me surprise.

"so what's your thoughts?"i ask him carefully.

"i'm afraid they'll go after him and even us"

"they want the investigation to stop"

"maybe then they'll stop,this guy death could be a hint from them that they're done with it"he explains makes me shudder.

"let's just not think about that now"i say to calm ourselves down so we could concentrate on collecting proof and suspects.

[ Vida Club | 11AM | Sim Jake ]

Jiwoo is now taking a few pictures of the venue while im asking the worker that found him a few questions.

At this point,Jiwoo isn't even working as a forensic team members.The management assigned a group to help on tracing and numbered the evidence.

All Jiwoo have to do is to take picture of the evidence and help me with the investigation.She became a detective assistant.

I step into the crime scene area just as Jiwoo stand from crouching that she almost bump into me but i held her arms before she did making her glance back at me.

"So what does she say?"she ask as she turn to me.

"she just doing cleaning as the people has lessened and it also about to reach closing hour,totally no one except staffs and a few customers"i explain,looking down.

she just sigh.

but after some moments she lightly hold my hands making me look at her in surprise.

"the café,come on"she say as she walk out from the room leaving me behind.

why am i feeling like this?

why do i stunned from her touch?

it just a simple touch..

"Jake!"

i heard she shout out a loud making me shake off my thoughts and walk away from the area.

"yea coming"

i reply.