Chapter 101: Debt Collection at the Door

Ning Tang received a letter and checked the postmark. It was from Dawa again?

She used a small knife to open the envelope and skimmed through the letter. The more she read, the more furrowed her brow became.

Shen Lie was curious, "What did Dawa write? Your expression says it all."

Ning Tang handed him the letter, "See for yourself."

Shen Lie leaned over and quickly read through the letter. His expression was even more exaggerated than Ning Tang's, and his eyes seemed ready to burst, "What? Su Guangzong is addicted to playing games, skipping school, and owes the boss over a thousand yuan?"

Initially, when Dawa sent the letter back, he really thought Su Guangzong was just playing around casually. How could he become so addicted to the point of owing over a thousand yuan?

Ning Tang nodded, "Not just that. Dawa said he and Erniu and Dahu tried to stop him, but Su Guangzong wouldn't listen. Dawa could only write the letter and ask us to pass it on to Ning Xue and Su Junyan."

Moreover, the letter was sent from Shanghai to Hailang Island, which would take a few days. During these days, Su Guangzong was probably still in the game arcade playing some fruit machine.

Shen Lie took a few steps in place and suddenly stopped, "Do you think they know about this?" He was referring to Ning Xue and Su Junyan.

"Weren't you the one who mentioned it to Su Junyan last time?" Ning Tang asked.

"I did mention it," Shen Lie said, "but I didn't see much of a reaction from him." Ning Xue didn't show any reaction either.

Either Su Junyan didn't tell Ning Xue, or the couple didn't take it seriously.

Shen Lie frowned, "So what do we do now?"

"What can we do? Whoever pokes the hole should be prepared for their parents to clean up the mess," Ning Tang said. "Tomorrow, you give the letter to Su Junyan, and then it won't be our concern anymore."

To put it bluntly, Su Guangzong isn't her child, so why should she bother?

Furthermore, she's afraid that Dawa will spill the beans to Su Junyan and Ning Xue, and Su Guangzong will hold a grudge against him, causing more trouble.

Shen Lie sighed deeply and said, "There's nothing else we can do."

At night, after Ning Tang and Shen Lie finished washing up, they lay in bed.

Shen Lie kept tossing and turning, refusing to sleep.

Ning Tang opened her eyes and kicked him, "Are you making pancakes (cause he's tossing and turning)? Can't you let people sleep?"

Shen Lie grumbled with his back turned, then turned around to face Ning Tang. "Tell me, how did Su Guangzong end up like this?"

Even though Dawa's letter only gave a rough description, Shen Lie was perceptive enough to grasp some clues.

Su Guangzong's behavior wasn't simply being addicted to playing video games. It was evident that he had gone mad, spending all his time at the game arcade, even eating and sleeping there. How could he not go mad?

Ning Tang replied, "How would I know? Don't ask me."

Shen Lie let out another deep sigh.

After all, Su Guangzong was a child they had watched grow up. Although he didn't go out much, living just across the hall, Shen Lie had practically seen him grow day by day. Hearing that he had turned into this kind of person came as a mix of emotions that was hard to describe.