Chapter 87: Report

There was a vendor selling sugarcane at the entrance of the train station. Dawa bought one and peeled it, cutting it into four pieces, one for each of them. They chewed on the sweet sugarcane juice to quench their thirst.

While they were eating, a middle-aged man of average build, with a spirited appearance and a straight posture, approached them and tentatively asked, "Dawa, Erniu?"

Dawa and Erniu paused their eating and exchanged a glance before simultaneously calling out, "Uncle!"

Ning Jun smiled and said, "Yes, it's me."

Erniu asked crisply, "Uncle, how did you recognize us?"

Ning Jun replied, "Forgot? Your mother sent me a photo of the three of you, and I've also visited the Naval Swimming Team Training Base to see Sanwa. You all resemble him, so I recognized you at a glance."

Dawa, Erniu, and Sanwa were siblings, naturally sharing similarities in their facial features.

Dahu and Fang Fang sweetly called out, "Uncle Ning."

Ning Jun glanced at the two of them and chuckled, "Ah, it's Dahu and Fang Fang, are you hungry? Uncle will take you to eat."

Dawa sniffed his own smell and, after spending three days on the train, felt like he was starting to stink. He shook his head and said, "Uncle, let's go wash up first, and then we can eat something delicious."

"Sure," Ning Jun waved his hand, "You all really have a rather pungent smell on you."

The four children shouted in unison, "Uncle!"

Ning Jun led the four children out of the train station.

As soon as they stepped out of the train station, the four children's eyes were not enough to take in everything.

They walked among the fashionable pedestrians, bicycles, and cars, and admired the neon-lit buildings. It was enough to dazzle their eyes.

Ning Jun led them to a row of vehicles parked by the roadside, with a metal exterior and a thick canvas canopy. He inquired about the price and arranged for two of them to take them to the hotel.

As Dawa sat in the car, he looked around with great curiosity.

Observing this, Ning Jun explained to them, "This one is called a 'Turtle Car' in this area of Shanghai. It's used for transportation." He then pointed to a passing tram and said, "That one is called a 'Braided Hair Car.' When you're in school and want to go out for fun on weekends, you can take the 'Braided Hair Car.' It's more cost-effective than the Turtle Car."

Although they could also take the Braided Hair Car, the Turtle Car had a rear cover that could be flipped down, making it more convenient for carrying luggage.

The mention of the Turtle Car and the Braided Hair Car amused Erniu, and she couldn't stop laughing.

They arrived at the hotel while chatting.

Ning Jun asked and learned that the four children planned to wash up, eat, and then go to school. So he arranged for two hourly rooms.

Dawa and Dahu shared one room, while Erniu and Fang Fang shared another. They took turns to take showers.

After the shower, they felt refreshed all over.

As Erniu dried her long hair, she asked Ning Jun, "Uncle, where are you taking us to eat something delicious?"

Dawa chimed in, "Let's eat the most expensive meal and make Uncle pay."

Ning Jun chuckled and replied, "Silly kid, the most expensive isn't necessarily the most delicious. Don't worry, for your first meal in Shanghai, Uncle will definitely take you to eat something delicious and experience the local flavors."