10 | Weakness

DOMINIC

Dominic admired Claudia more when she made his father happy, but he didn't want to get close. She made a crazy situation better. It surprised him that she signed his ridiculous contract. He thought about that. She probably did it for money and didn't care about him. But creating this contract secures his assets if anything happens between them.

It was hard to forget how compassionately she treated his father. This was bad. Dominic's father wasn't obligated to share his skepticism. After receiving unknown drugs, Dominic respected Claudia profoundly. He couldn't kiss her, despite his desire to. When Sunday came, they both had little to do.

After being upstairs all morning, he appreciated seeing her watching TV on the couch. Meeting his father the night before helped her open up, he thought, because she watched reality shows in the living room instead of his bedroom.

Dominic entered the room and said, "I can't believe you watch The Bachelor." He grabbed two water bottles from the kitchen and handed her one.

"I think the show fits in a situation like this," Claudia remarked, staring at the TV. "A charming and wealthy bachelor who avoids marriage, and what do we know? He has a plethora of women at his fingertips."

"Ha-ha. The men on the show are not like me. I want to settle down, but I can't."

"Yes, you can," she responded, keeping her eyes locked on the screen as an Asian man with chiseled abs removed his shirt and dove into the pool. Dominic chuckled and shook his head. "I'm sure this man is on the show for the right reasons."

"If only that were the case," he said, sipping his water.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Dominic Beretta is still single," Claudia said, grinning at him. "He is cynical."

She watched TV again. Dominic noticed her tube top behind the couch. He didn't want to look at her body, but it was there. A bra lifted her cleavage. His affection for her has been on his mind. It hurt to think of her romantically because he wanted her to have a pleasant life without him. But her company was comforting.

He sat down next to her after walking around the couch. She smiled again. "You're going to give up and watch this with me?"

Dominic felt silly. He couldn't sit there and say, "I want to touch you." With anyone else, he would say that. He respected Claudia. "Sure. It will be our first show together."

"And it will be something we'll tell the grandkids about."

He smiled. Things were getting back to normal in their friendship.

Dominic watched the TV quietly. Not paying attention to anything that was going on. Luckily, Claudia was vigilant. "Do you even know The Bachelor's name?"

He shrugged and kissed her temple. She replied with a smile and a soft kiss. This kiss wasn't as strong as expected. "The way you dealt with my dad impressed me," Dominic said. "I never meant to shut you out."

She nodded, staring at his lips. His cock stiffened. "What are you giving me in return? Kisses?"

He cupped her cheek and said, "Nah, I want to take you somewhere. Let me show you another part of the estate."

Claudia's face had the sweetest lines. "Really? Where's that?"

"What fun would it be if you knew? Nothing would surprise you."

Dominic escorted her up and toward the stairs. "I'm still getting used to your house, you know. Everywhere will surprise me."

"Why did you ask then?" He cocked his head.