32 | Favors

DOMINIC

Stefano strolled over to his desk and hopped up on it, his chin resting on his fist. A key necklace hung around his neck and glittered under the light. Dominic nearly knocked him out and took it, thinking it would be the key to all he wanted, but Stefano... Stefano was no ordinary Mafia boss.

Not even when compared to the other Mafia dons Dominic has met.

Stefano was suffering from a growth hormone deficit, although he looked like he was no older than a teenager. He was stronger than most grown men, and he could easily send everything flying across the yard. It was difficult to keep that in mind while talking to the little twerp.

He smiled widely. "Dominic, what brings you here? I heard this 'little twerp' owes you something?"

"You know you do. And if I need to refresh that small pea-sized brain of yours, all I have to do is say Armando," he replied, his gaze set on Stefano's.

"Hm. I'm surprised you remember such names."

Dominic, holding Claudia's hand tightly, remarked, "I can remember a lot of things." It impressed him how well she stood there and didn't mouth off to him. She had a big mouth that could get her into trouble.

Stefano shook his head huskily and tsked. "I'm surprised you can remember, given your drug habit."

Dominic grew frustrated that the man wasn't getting any clues as to why they were there and said, "I'm not taking anything illegal."

"But you're still an addict. You'll want something to take the edge off. Am I correct?"

Dominic let go of Claudia's hand and stepped in front of her. With a sly grin on his face, Stefano made note of this. "The things I do in my personal life are none of your business."

"It does concern me when you waltz into my business and request things," Stefano remarked, giving Dominic a once-over. "You didn't even have an appointment."

Dominic cursed, "Damn it, asshole," his hands clenching at his sides. "We need fake IDs to get us out of the country."

Stefano slanted his head slightly as if he were straining to catch another glimpse of Claudia. The guy liked to press buttons, and Dominic wasn't having any of it.

"You can get those documents at any time. Even Roman could have helped you get them." Everyone else shortened his guard's name, but Stefano used his whole one. "You can't tell me that's the only reason you're here. Just tell me the truth, please."

"I also need medicine. Preferably Citalophram."

Stefano furrowed his brows and leaned entirely to one side, holding himself up with one arm. He cracked a grin at Claudia. "And why would you, a CEO with an array of people on his payroll, need his medication? Is it too much to ask that somebody go get those things for you? Oh! Wait a second, Dom."

Dominic wanted to smack those intimidating eyes right into the back of Stefano's head. "Have you been a bad boy?"

"Something happened, yes." Dominic stepped to the side, blocking Claudia. "Can you get them for me or not?"

"Interesting." Stefano straightened himself and sat down in front of her. "And who is this lovely woman?"

"Someone you're never going to know," Dominic growled.

Stefano cast a sidelong glance at Dominic. "Because she is in my office and you brought her here, I demand to know who she is."

"This is your club?" Claudia wondered. "But you're not even an adult."