26 | Hitman

DOMINIC

What the fuck could be happening now?

Dominic believed he saw other people outside before Claudia's horrified cry pierced his soul and ignited his wicked impulses. When he killed the guards in the kitchen, that part awakened, fueling his need to dominate, destroy, and protect what was his.

To protect what was mine.

Damn right.

He threw the door open in a panic. Dominic examined the darkness. Claudia wasn't there, but her bags were on the bench next to it. And there were others—two in the yard, one down the road, which one was Vinny, and somebody else in the woods.

A silhouette scuttled across the driveway and stopped at the foot of the steps.

The streetlight illuminated the visitor in the twilight.

In a matter of seconds, a tall woman emerged. Her thick golden hair fell over her shoulders. Her strapless halter revealed her toned abdomen and curved cleavage.

He has hated Irene.

She swayed. Her hemline continued to rise until a sliver of white lace between her thighs caught his eye.

"Nicco," Irene purred as her red lips parted and her tongue twisted. "I believe the time has come to give our families what they want and marry."

"You're joking, right?" Dominic said, disgusted by her remark. "I see you've brought company."

She gave a vapid smile. "Of course, baby. Miss me?"

"Hell no."

She frowned. "That's harsh."

"I don't care." Dominic locked his gaze on her. He was taller than Irene, but they weren't as close as Claudia and him. "Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see if you changed your mind about me," she said, peering over his shoulder. "I'm sure you've thought about how we'd be if we were together. Your pathetic contract with Claudia ended."

Dominic squinted and snorted. "I'm not looking for a relationship with you. For what you did, you deserve to burn in hell forever."

"Ouch," she moaned, touching her chest. "I can't believe you haven't moved on from that incident. It was more than ten years ago."

"You came onto me after Amelia died. I'll never forgive you for rubbing your filthy hands on me before I buried her. It's one reason I hate you."

Irene smirked. "Well, at least our arranged marriage wasn't up to you, and our families will finally make you understand."

"I like watching them waste their time because I know they will fail. I'd never marry someone like you." He inhaled and tightened his palms as he surveyed the yard. "So, who are you here with?"

"My brother. Matteo."

Dominic paused as the revelation hit him.

"He's busy, so it's just us two," she went on.

"And whoever is in the woods," he noted, referring to the person she had left out.

Irene ran her hand down the crease between her breasts and stomach. "That's Edoardo. Our other brother enjoys watching."

"Good." Dominic scanned her as she walked toward the center column. "I have something to show everybody."

"You do?" She slithered up to him. "I'm excited about where this is going."