Contracts

Morana's POV

On the second floor away from Room 8, my Uncle's mate directed us to a small table. A human sat at the bar a few feet away, but didn't pay us any mind as we sat down on the high chairs. The woman slowly let me go. She sat across from me as Ontas reassured Aeron I was okay, I could feel his worry, but I couldn't calm my emotions enough to listen or talk to him. I felt embarrassed, everyone now knew.

Maybe Aeron did need someone who wouldn't give him a damaged child. I was a damaged person after all, "You know, I met your Uncle a while ago. And when I found out about his sister I mourned for her life. I was told her daughter was killed as well. I never asked him about the situation. I couldn't understand how a 5 year old could come up with just a complex idea to kill one of the best warriors ever to live." She said and looked towards me, "And then they told me you were missing."

"At first I was confused, I was pregnant and very upset. Then Kevin told me he had kept you in the cells. I didn't talk to him, even when we went to your mate's pack, we weren't on good terms. The only reason why I joined today is so I could meet you. I never knew what was going on, but it looked like Kevin did. And now I understand why Aeron kicked us off his land. I'm so appealed for what my mate had done to you." She said and frowned as she looked at, "I don't know how I can make this better."

She couldn't. There was no way to make this situation better. I hung my head and took a deep breath. I was already emotional, but that topped off this week's lists of emotions. Even Ontas couldn't keep me still or comfort me. My hand rubbed my stomach as I took a deep breath. And once I could calm myself I sat up and looked at her, "What is your name?" I asked her.

"Jessica." She said, slowly I nodded and then another question rushed through my head.

"Is Elizabeth okay?" I asked her. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "She was the older woman who took care of me." My uncle's mate looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh." She said and closed her eyes, "No, sweetie she died." My eyes widened as I felt my heart stop beating.

"What, how?" I asked.

"Your mate.. He killed her." Jessica said and frowned. For a moment I was sure that I had stopped breathing as I looked at her, slowly I shook my head, "It was believed she kept your cell open, and when he first arrived he asked her some questions. He wanted to know where you were at, and then- well when she didn't know he started to torture her. And then he killed her. He spread her remains around the pack's land, hoping you would return." She said, I shook my head.

"You're lying." I said as I got out of the chair, "No, you're lying." I said and backed away feeling a hard chest. Looking back I could see Rick, he didn't move he only stared down at me as my body shook. Quickly I moved away from him. "No, your pack-your pack is-No." I shook my head and hurried down the hall.

When I saw Jon I was a little relieved but then I stopped rushing as I looked at my Aeron. He had told me he had talked to Elizabeth, "Did you do it?" I asked as I rushed towards him, my fist balled up as I pushed them against his chest, "Did you kill her?" I asked Aeron and looked at me with wide eyes, "Did you kill Elizabeth? The woman who took care of me? Did you?" I shouted. His eyes widened as they then turned towards Jessica, a growl filled the hall. Tears instantly burned in my eyes as I hit him again, "Tell me she is lying Aeron! Tell me!" I said as I hit him again until he grabbed my fist. Aeron pulled me into his chest as my legs started to weaken.

"Come, let's go home, Morana." Aeron said and tried to comfort me, "I'm sorry."

Biting my lip, my jaw clenched together as I shook my head. Quickly I pushed out of his hold and growled towards him. I pushed Aeron away from me and started to walk down the stairs towards the entrance. Hot burning tears fell from my face as Aeron walked beside me. HIs touch and his presence wasn't helping this time.