Fighting and Making Up

Morana's POV

For a week Aeron had kept his distance. He spoke to me but he wouldn't hold me the way he used to. He didn't rub my stomach which really was irritating since the baby enjoyed his touch. He would only kiss me on my forehead and kept his hands to himself. It was irritating to say the least. I wanted his attention, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of asking for it. So, I occupied myself with Tae, her wolf was coming out more freely and Ontas was always up for a run. Aeron didn't join us, which seemed to irritate her.

And when we shifted the fourth day into the week Ontas freaked out and started to jump on Aeron, and then she bit him before storming away. I could only watch as my mate stared at us with wide eyes. Ontas was fuming, she was so angry at him that whenever she could she yelled and hit Aeron that day. But, the next day we were crying because he had left the bed before we woke up and it bothered both of us.

Tae stayed away from us that day as we sobbed in the room. Aeron stood by the door saying sorry. Only then did Ontas remember her anger and growled at him until he left us alone. And then we would cry that he left us. Yesterday was just very stressful.

And today I was hot. My body burned as I sat on the couch, I left the bed before Aeron and sat on the couch. I had on a tank top and a pair of his boxers as I fanned myself with a paper plate. Tae sat beside me in a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt as she looked over to me. Summer was slowly coming to its peak and the days were warmer, but today I was sweating.

My body was coated with sweat as I groaned loudly and complained, "Why don't we have air?" I asked as I looked at the fan over us. I had moved the couch just so I could feel the small breeze. I leaned back and placed a hand on my painful twisting stomach. The pain indicated the baby's anger, without Aeron's touch the twisting was worse. Sometimes at night I could push myself up to him and feel some comfort but other nights it wasn't enough, last night was one of those nights.

Then again, I had gone to bed emotional. Aeron had told me about his Father before we went to bed, and how he would be conducting the meeting he had with my Uncle. And last night he begged me to go to the pack, to not join them. Something about it made me feel unwanted. Aeron assured me he wanted me to be there, but if his father was there he wanted me away.

His father didn't sound like a nice man, he used to hurt him and his siblings. And when Aeron overpowered him at a young age he turned away from the pack and went to the council. Aeron had become the Alpha at a young age, but Jon's father took over the actual duties.

"You look like you are melting." Tae said as she raised an eyebrow, "Are you okay?"

"I am melting." I whispered and groaned. My bump was now pushing away from my body, I looked down to my skin as I rubbed the painful area. Tae didn't look bothered by the heat at all as she crossed her legs and wrote on Aaron's laptop, "Is it just me? Are you hot?" I've asked her this multiple times and I can tell she was getting irritated as her brown eyes looked over to me.

"I'm not hot, I told you it's not even 80 degrees today!" She said and leaned over picking up the ice she had gotten me the first time I had asked her to, "You don't smell sick, I don't know why you are uncomfortable. But, eat the ice, it might help."

"It won't help!" I shouted and looked at her with wide eyes, "Why?" I softly cried. I didn't care how immature I looked as I rubbed my face against the couch, "Why is it so hot?" I groaned out.

"Because of your pregnancy." Aeron answered as he walked down the stairs, "That child is wolfhaze, wolfhaze is referred as the purple fire." He said as he walked towards the kitchen. Tae looked down as I growled towards Aeron, he shrugged his shoulders as he looked at me.