Hidden Friends

Aeron's POV

Beside me Jon tensed as he looked at the hospital with wide eyes. We've been sitting outside the hospital for six hours. Sammy and Brody had left a few hours ago but Jon stayed beside me. Three hours ago Amanda went into the hospital. She was supposed to come out and tell us what was happening, but she never came back out.

Looking over to Jon his mood had completely changed. He was calm and content and now he was tense as he refused to meet my eyes. His eyes were on the doors and slowly I watched as Amanda walked out. Her large stomach was barely hidden under the scrub top she wore. She was due to have their pup any day and was supposed to be at home. She looked worn out as she walked out her long brown hair rested down her back. And blood stained her clothes.

"I'm sorry." Amanda whispered and looked up to me, "But, she isn't any better than she was before I got here."

"How bad is it?" Jon asked as he got up to meet his mate. Amada looked at him and sighed.

From what Jon was telling me, this was the first time Amanda had talked to him in awhile. At the dinner party Morana said something that lingered in her head, and a week later she asked Jon and left their home. The only reason why she returned was because she couldn't work anymore. But, she still ignored him. Almost a month now, and she didn't look like would be forgiving him anytime soon. She didn't look at him, instead her focus was on me, "Morana fainted from a rush of adrenaline; she didn't lose that much blood." Relief filled my chest as I slouched my shoulders and exhaled, "But, there is a problem."

"A problem?" Jon and I asked at the same time.

"Even though she didn't lose a lot of blood, Doctor Brianna still went ahead with a blood transfusion. She was worried for the baby since the heart rate was a little slow. With our blood, the baby's heart raced settled but Morana's body started to reject it."

"Her body rejected blood?" I asked her. Amanda nodded.

"She crashed and we lost her a moment, then we changed to human blood, her body is stable but the baby's heart rate isn't." Amanda said and looked up to me, "They might ask you-"

"My mate's life is more important right now. The baby couldn't survive right now if she died." I said and looked at her.

"Her body reject's werewolf blood, is she a wolf?" Jon asked and looked up to me.

"Yes." I said.

But, she hadn't shifted into her wolf for awhile now. What if she was losing her wolf? I should have let her run more often, push her out. Aero would enjoy time with his mate, but I was worried that someone might see her. I placed a hand behind my neck and looked towards Amanda. She held my stare for a moment and then sighs.

"If she wakes up tomorrow, she'll be able to leave the hospital in three days. But, I want you to really think about this before you make any mistakes. Morana still sliced her wrist, she might have been trying to kill herself, Alpha." Amanda said and looked towards Jon, "She's going to need her mate, but don't push her to you. She needs help." She said and then bowed her head walking away from Jon and I.

"Why would she do that?" Jon asked. I only looked over to him and shook my head Then it clicked and he frowned as he closed his eyes, "Fuck."

"Maybe I should take her away from the pack. I have to meet up with Alpha Kevin in two months. That should be enough time to focus all my attention on her." I whispered and rubbed my chin, "I don't know-"

"I'll watch over the pack and will give you updates." Jon said and looked at me, "This is serious-"

"I let you watch over my pack before and came home to find my mate almost dead." I growled and looked at him. "I'm going to her." I said and got up from the grass. Slowly I walked towards the hospital.