Voices and Memories

Morana's POV

Why did I still feel pain? What are these noises? Ow. Ontas? Everything was dark. So dark.

"Morana." My Mother's voice called, I was jumping on her bed and grabbed a handful of her sheets. I pulled my body up and pulled the sheets closer to my body. My Mother smiled as she lightly tapped my nose, "Morana, you silly little creature!" She said and grabbed my body pulling it close to hers as she kissed my face repeatedly, "You'll be able to talk to your wolf soon, do you have any idea what you will be naming her?" My Mother asked and smiled. I tilted my head and looked up to her and shook my head.

"What is your wolf's name mommy?" I asked her.

"Her name is Aurora, I named her after a cartoon I enjoyed." My Mother said and smiled as she turned towards me and leaned against her elbow.

"Then I'll name my wolf O-Ontas!" I declared and giggled.

"That is not how you say-"

"Ontas, Mommy! Ontas! Ontas! Ontas!" I demanded and looked at my Mother as I pointed a finger towards her, "My wolf is going to be as beautiful as yours."

"Of course she will be, I am your Mother aren't I?" My Mother said and grabbed my waist pulling me back into her body as she kissed my cheeks.

Pain. Darkness. Hurt. I needed to be free, I needed to be released. I was fighting to see the sunlight again. I was fighting for Ontas.

My Mother held me in her arms as she walked away from the pack house. I could see a few lights still on in the large building as I clung to my Mother's body. My nose fell against her neck as her scent comforted me. My Mommy said that I would get a wolf in a year of two. I couldn't wait! "Mommy." I whined and pushed my forehead against her jaw, "Drink. Mommy. Drink." I said and pointed towards the house.

"Hush now Morana." My Mother cooed as she continued to step in the forest, shielding the pack house from me.

My Mother rubbed circles against my back as we walked in the darkness. The woods held a chill in the air, I held my eyes shut and soon fell asleep in her arms. But, it wasn't long until I was startled and woke up. Tears filled my eyes, but they never fell as I looked up to a man I couldn't remember. He seemed familiar as his blue eyes looked down at me, he had a smile on his lips as he pushed away the tears that threatened to fall.

"Don't cry little one." He said in a deep voice. My Mother smiled towards me as she looked at the man with loving eyes, "Serena, you need to come with me." The man said as he started his conversation again. I leaned my head against his chest and looked at my Mother as I grabbed hold of the man's shirt.

"I've told you before Marcus, I can't just leave the pack. I'm supposed to be Luna, Kevin can't be the-"

"The pack isn't of your concern anymore!" The man said, stopping my Mother's voice, "She is." He said and poked my nose. He used that same hand to grab her hand, "Come with me Serena, leave your pack. I will keep you safe. I can't keep you safe when you're in that territory, please. I'm begging you Serena." My Mother frowned as she looked at me and then to the man.

"Marcus." She said and closed her eyes as she walked towards him. He wrapped his free arm around her body and placed a kiss on her head.

"My Serena, my love, my mate. I need you by my side." He whispered in her light brown hair, "My Daughter will need a Father." He added and looked at me. I met his eyes and held his stare for a moment before turning to my Mother.

"We will leave once the rogues are taken care of Marcus, I can't promise anything more. It won't be safe for Morana to travel in the forest with them around. And if he finds her-" She let out a breath as Marcus leaned down and crushed his lips against her.