Dinner and Threats

Morana's POV

After taking a few deep breaths I walked into the bathroom and started to brush out my hair. Telling myself that it would be okay. That if I did mess up tonight Aeron wouldn't leave. He would stay, wouldn't he?

Once I put the hair brush down I pulled on a pair of tights, which was comfortable once I got used to them. Then I pulled on the white shirt shirt Aeron had said he liked. It had wide openings for the sleeves. The sleeve reached around my hips as the end of the shirt rested against my waist, sucking against the skin. My shoulders were exposed, but after a few moments of staring in the mirror I nodded at my reflection as I pushed my hair over my chest.

My hair now rested against my chest, not as long as before. But longer than when it was cut. Quickly I fumbled with the shirt, trying to pull the fabric over my exposed elbows. I could hear Aeron walk into the room and frowned as I tried to get the fabric up once more. But all it did was push against my armpit.

After a moment of being in the room he walked to the bathroom. Aeron had changed into a long black sleeve shirt, and had on the same pair of jeans as earlier. He leaned against the door frame as he took in my clothes. His face pushed together as he looked at the shirt, "No." He said and came back with a t-shirt that had a rose in the middle of it. I looked down at the shirt I had on.

"You told me you liked this." I said.

"I don't think tonight would be a good night, it shows way too much of your shoulders." Aeron said as he pulled the white shirt off of my body. I huffed and looked at the shirt he brought in for me. After a moment I pulled on the t-shirt and looked at him, "Much better." he whispered and kissed my forehead. I placed a hand on his chest as I kissed his lips.

"Right now we could be in our bed." I said and looked at the large bed right outside the bathroom, "I could be screaming your name." I added and looked up to him.

"You are bad, has anyone told you that?" Aeron asked as his hand fell on my hips.

"I'm just telling the truth." I said as I kissed his jaw as we listened to the distant knock on the door. I sighed and looked up to him. I lowered my head and closed my eyes. Aeron kissed cheek as he rubbed my back.

"I'll go greet them while you calm yourself down." He said and walked away, "Take your time my love."

And with that Aeron left the bathroom. I stood in the bathroom for a moment as I took a deep breath. I closed the bathroom door as my walls went up. And in this confined space I let myself freak out. My heart started to race and my breathing quickened as I listened to the muffled voices down stairs. My stomach turned and I couldn't imagine moving an inch out of this room. 'Calm down Morana.' Ontas said. I stopped pacing and looked in the mirror. My eyes lit up as I stared at my reflection, ′I'm right here.' She reminded me. I nodded as I looked back at my reflection.

After a few seconds of deep breathing, I calmed down. I pushed my hair back as I walked out of the bathroom and headed out of the bedroom. I didn't stop, if I stopped I would go back to the bathroom. So I walked out to the hallway and then down the stairs.

Amanda and Jon both stood in the living room talking to Aeron. I could smell the child on Amanda now as she placed a hand over her stomach. Her scent was potent, and she was alert. As soon as I walked down the stairs her eyes flashed to me. Amanda held a pot while Jon carried three. Instead of going towards my mate I walked towards the kitchen. It wasn't long until I was stopped in my tracks as I looked at the set up table. Tall glasses were filled with dark liquid, and there were fancy clothes under the plates.

Looking back I could see Aeron and Jon speaking in hushed voices as Amanda walked towards me and placed the food on the table. She smiled towards me and grabbed my hand. As soon as she touched me Jon stopped talking and glared towards me, "I had a feeling you were his mate!" Amanda said, getting my attention. I looked at her as she smiled towards me, "You two look wonderful together."