Anger and Pain

Aeron's POV

The closer we got to the pack house the worse I felt. But, this was my role as Alpha. I looked out towards the woods. Last night I had strung up the men around the trees, and now I could see their bodies. Bloodied, bruised and completely exposed. Both their arms and legs were tied to trees, it was one of my guards' ideas. And now I watched as the men winced in pain as they tried to move from their uncomfortable position. Under the men were some family members who were weeping looking up to them.

We made sure to get them high enough that if anyone would try to release them the man would mostly die or be crippled for life. We might be we but our bones were still bones. Once the guards heard what they had done I could see they had done their own damages to the males. And at the very end was that bastard Rick who had broken into our home. I was surprised he was already strung up. And then beside him was Doctor Linn.

For a moment I just stared at the wolves that weeped under the men. I growled at the sight of them and walked in the pack house seeing the crowd standing there. Everyone grew quiet once I walked in.

Some didn't catch my eye and that infuriated me more as I headed towards my office door. This is where we always had our meeting, and as I stood to the front I felt Morana shield her emotions from me, completely. She always had a wall up, but this was unbreakable. "Morana?" I reached out, but she didn't respond. I softly sighed and looked at my pack who watched my every movement and then I growled towards them.

When Morana entered my life, I had calmed down. There hasn't been a public punishment since I found her. People used to be filled with fear when I walked into the room. I couldn't deny the fact that since meeting my mate I grew soft. Shit, even during sex I was softer and slower. Usually it was rougher and the women had bruises, but her... I couldn't imagine placing a bruise on her soft skin.

"Black Forest pack." I said and looked at the ground for a moment. Aero lifted our lips as he growled again. Loudly inhaling, I looked up and glared at the pack. I watched as a few took steps back as they looked at me, "I've never been more disappointed to be your Alpha. You surround my house looking for answers, who do you think you are?" I growled out. Aero stepped up and let out a growl making the members now flinch backwards, "For those asking I'll tell you why those men are up there. They had kidnapped rogue females wolves and were raping and abusing them. Then killing them." I said loudly.

My pack looked back at me with widened eyes and opened mouths, "Should we kill them, or should we punish them. Hard to say, but at the same time the Black Moon pack is declaring war on us!" I shouted. With that I heard gasps as the wolves looked at each other.

"Why?" Someone shouted out. I chuckled and nodded my head as I looked up to where the sound came from. I wished I knew who shouted that question. I grinded my teeth as I paced in front of the door.

"Before I tell you why, let me say one more thing." Aeron stepped forward, I could feel the burning in my eyes. My wolves went silent as they hid behind the warriors, "If I hear any of you say anything disrespectful to my mate again, I promise you there won't be punishment there will be death." Aero growled out, "Do you have any idea how she feels? And last night the wolves who spoke loud enough so my mate could hear them, I want you out of my fucking pack." He stepped down as I glared towards the group.

Some hung their heads low as the room grew quiet, "The moon goddess blessed me with a mate, a mate that had been through enough and you laugh and snicker comments about her? If she isn't good enough to be your Luna, then LEAVE MY PACK!" I shouted and looked at those hiding. "My mate was one of the rogues those men captured. She was abused and hurt by them. When I see my warriors sobbing for men who raped my mate it infuriates me. At the end of the line is a Black Moon's warrior. He had raped my mate when she was a child. A child, ten years old." I growled as I looked out the window.