Worse than Hell

Morana's POV*

My eyes stayed closed as my head hung from the wooden post in the most comfortable way I figured out. It pushed against my throat making it difficult to breathe. I couldn't feel my arms or my legs anymore, hadn't for a while even though I knew they could move. My body was asleep but my mind wasn't.

This was hell.

Uncle's cell wasn't this bad. Ever though I had that little time of freedom I hated Ontas for talking me into leaving the cell. I hated that I agreed to it, I left a cell to get into something much, much worse. I was fed, but I was abused. I could hear a man walking down the steps and braced myself for a hit but nothing came. I could feel a warm rough finger slowly touch my back, careful not to touch the wounds that were now covering the skin. The bite marks the men have given me that burned like the sun.

The man's finger slowly moved to my shoulder and then to my cheek, "I'm so sorry this happened to you." A male's voice said. Slowly I opened my eyes to see a young man squatting in front of me. He frowned as he offered me a piece of bread which I quickly took a bite out of. He pushed my hair out of my face and cupped my cheek in his hand, "I want to take you away, but they will kill me if I do that. I'm only an omega, please forgive me."

I knew that they would kill him if he released me, I was their toy. And I didn't blame the man as I looked at him with sad eyes. His green eyes glossed over as he held a frown, "I'm Cameron." He said and offered a small smile. I opened my mouth and then stopped once I felt the welts against the side of my mouth, "You don't have to speak." He said and lifted a glass of water towards my mouth. He placed the straw between my lips and smiled.

He was the one that fed me, and gave me water when the others weren't looking. If it wasn't for this man, I would be dead. I wish I could thank him but, another part of me wanted to die and resented him. I wanted to give up on this life as I looked down to my black hair on the floor. I could see the crusted knots that were now on the strands from the men who didn't spill themselves in me. I closed my eyes at the reminder and allowed a single tear to fall from my eye.

Cameron slowly placed a finger on my face and wiped the tear away. When I looked at him I could see his own tears threatening to fall, "The Alpha will be back tomorrow morning. That means, tonight will be the night they kill you." He said in a low voice. He slowly cleared his throat and lifted his hand, "Do you have anyone I can tell? I saw you were marked." He said as he looked at the mark Rick had given me I quickly shook my head even though it hurt.

Cameron looked at me confused for a moment but nodded as he then fed me the rest of the bread. Before he left he turned towards me and whispered, "I can bring tranquilizer. You won't feel the pain, and you might survive tonight." He said and looked at me, "You won't know what is going on." He said and raised an eyebrow. I only offered a small smile and shook my head.

In a sick way, I wanted to feel the pain. I wanted to feel when I was given the release of death. I wanted this to be over, I closed my eyes and allowed my body to get the small bit of rest as it could before the others came.

My dreams were filled with warm weather and sunny days. I dreamed of the times I've spent in the lakes and laying in the sun. Now, I didn't even know if it was still hot outside or not. I didn't know when it was day or night and I couldn't keep track of how many days I was here. But, I knew it had been awhile.

Ontas has been silent since I've arrived here. Then again, ever since that first time I placed my walls up to protect her. Even though I despised her at the moment I didn't want her to feel or know anything. I wanted her safe but for this one moment I wanted her voice, I wanted her words so slowly, ever so slowly I let the walls fall. I could feel her with me as I kept my head down. I'm sorry Ontas. I said. I didn't know how I felt or what I truly wanted to say, but I knew I couldn't fight anymore.

'I'm sorry Morana.' Ontas said without hesitation, 'I should have protected you.' I was shocked by those words as I closed my eyes and pushed my body out shaking my limbs alive.

I wished we had more time together, Ontas. Tears fell from my eyes as I hung my head in shame.

'I hope I'm paired with your soul again Morana.' She said in confidence as I slowly built the walls back up. I could hear her whimper in my head as I cut the connection between the two of us. If there was a way to set her free, I would do it. I felt sorry that she was bound to someone like me. She deserved a human who could let her run as long as she wants, and would let her be with her all the time. I've kept her away, and she's been bound in my weak form for years. If I had the power to let her go I wouldn't think twice in allowing her to choose another soul to be with.

Frankly, my soul has been blown out. There was no spark left to ignite the flames, it was a cold empty shell that was ready to depart. It greedily stole the light from Ontas's but the darkness was slowly covering her flame.

It didn't take long until I heard footsteps and low talking, "Tonight we will be saying goodbye to our lovely rouge slut." Jon's voice rang as he grabbed a fist full of my hair and lifted my head so I could see his brown eyes, "Good Morning Princess." He said and walked towards the back and smacked my ass, his hand lingered off my back side as he rubbed the area he had just smacked as he started to speak, "Before we continued, you know the rules, you must un-mark her. Keeping your mark on her can lead her death back to you." Jon said as he walked to my back.

I could feel his hands on my naked body as his breath slowly fell on my skin. My body squirmed under him in fright as I watched a man walk beside him. Then, I felt his teeth dig into a wound, I let out a cry as I felt an icy burn fill my body. My heart spiked as I tried to remember to breathe, it was as if the man was trying to suck the beats out of my heart. If I had a soul, he had just gotten a taste of it. My heart raced as I watched two more men walk towards me.

Each man's mark had the same reaction. My body was covered in sweat and my chest was aching as my heart tried to calm its racing. I couldn't help but scream each time they dug their teeth in my skin and latched onto my muscle, the sucking of the wound made things harder as I tried my hardest to stay silent. My breathing quickened as I leaned against the post and allowed my tears to fall freely, Jon walked towards me and smacked my cheek as hard as he could. "We aren't done yet." He growled and grabbed my chin.

I only shook my head as I looked away from his body. I could hear the pants and clothes shuffle off of some men around me as I closed my eyes. Not again, not this. I started to smack my head off of the wooden post trying to end everything as Jon grabbed my hair and positioned my head for him.

Hours, and hours of pain. Of men greedily fighting over who would be next. The wooden post now dropped, placing me on my knees. Pain filled my legs and my stomach as I looked to see Cameron standing in the shadows. I mouthed the word, okay to him. I could taste vomit in my mouth as I looked at Jon as he stood in front of me. In his hand, a silver whip. He smirked as he brought it back and smacked it against my body. I let out a scream as I shook my head.

He whipped me three more times before handing it to another man. I looked at Cameron's sad eyes as everything around me turned black.

The pain started to numb after a moment as I continued to hear the men speak as everything started to fade away. I was ready to let go, I was ready to be free. I was ready to see my Mother again. I welcomed the warmth with Ontas as we walked through the darkness together.