The Deceived

Areon POV

Morana was telling the truth.

She's always told the truth, and I ignored her.

I hated myself for my actions, I hated what I did.

I hated that I didn't believe in my mate.

But the feeling of rage and anger guided me. It was no excuse, there was nothing I could say to change her mind now. Aero had even turned away from me as I sat in the cell I had forced her in. My mate, my beautiful mate, had rejected me. And I couldn't find a reason why I shouldn't accept it, I didn't want to. But, if I was in her shoes, I would have. The one who wouldn't accept it, was Aero, and since he wouldn't say anything else I felt alone.

Once the truth settled in me, I stood up and rushed out of the cell. I followed her scent up the stairs. I needed to make this right, I needed to do something. I needed her, I needed Morana. Not for anything more than who she was, but as I looked around the empty house I knew it wouldn't be easy. I could hear her sobs, and I knew she was still here, "I'm sorry." I said as I looked at the empty kitchen, slowly I walked up to our room, "I'm so sorry little mate." I said.

She wasn't in our room, or the spare room. She was nowhere to be seen until I stopped under the attic door. The string shut tightly in the ceiling. I closed my eyes but nodded. "I'll give you your time." I whispered and turned away. She didn't whisper a word as I walked away from the attic. Once I got out of the house and closed the door tightly I forced Aero to shift. Even if he was angry he was ready to run. And that is what we did, we ran and howled in pain up to the moon goddess.

* * *

Even if she would let me in, I decided to stay and sleep in the pack house. I knew if I saw her, I couldn't look her in the eyes. No matter how much time has passed, I feel awful for what I've done to her. I was an asshole. I was worse than an asshole.

It's been a month since that night. Once Aero and I stopped running the first thing I did was wake up all of the Blood Moon wolves and kicked them out of my territory. I personally followed Alpha Kevin out of my territory and told him he would never be welcomed back onto my land again. Doing this caused a feud between our packs but I refused to acknowledge his tantrum.

After all his threatening emails and voicemails he didn't get the hint that I would not speak to him. He had known the truth this whole time. I saw it through Morana's own little eyes, instead of fighting against grown rogues he stood there shocked. Then he blamed a young girl saying it was her fault. But, I could feel the fear in Morana's memories. I knew she didn't call those rogues. Alpha Kevin was a coward through and through. But then again, I was no better. I was worse.

A few days after I left I had asked Cameron to go and watch over her, but even he wasn't able to get into the house. Morana refused to open the door for anyone. She wouldn't even answer anyone who tried to talk to her. I wanted to know how she felt, I wanted to know what was going on. But she refused to let me feel her through the bond and kept her walls up. She shielded our connection. Our bond was weakening by the day. If I don't do something, her rejection will happen. I leaned against my chair and looked around the office. The fist that had been keeping my head was completely numbed. I swayed the chair back and forth as I tried to focus.

Only one thing mattered to me now, and that was fixing what I had fucked up. I needed my wolf and my mate. Aero warned me he would leave me if I did what I did. He warned me when I threw her down the stairs and locked her in the cell. And yet, I did it anyway. I hated myself for it, god I hated myself for it. I couldn't blame the wolfhaze on this one. I was just a frustrated angry man. Being in this office wasn't going to get Morana to forgive me.