Confident and Doubtful

Morana's POV

Cameron and I watched so many movies as the snow fell heavily outside. Cameron had turned the heat up multiple times throughout the day but I was still cold. Grabbing a blanket I leaned against the couch as we watched a movie about cowboys. Cameron made silly jokes through the movies. My time with him was comforting, and very awkward at first. His jokes were funny, I had a hard time not laughing at him, but I wanted Aeron back. Cameron was very tense at first as he sat beside me on the couch, but slowly he relaxed.

That was until the sun started to set, and snow started to fall and smack against the windows. Cameron had pulled back the cloth when I ate lunch. Now I watched the light outside start to shift into dark.It was silent, the TV had gone silent as I looked at the dancing snowflakes. Very slowly I felt a shift on the other side of the couch and looked at Cameron who placed the remote on the couch. Cameron turned towards me. His face turned serious as he looked away from me for a moment and then looked back up, "Did you tell Alpha what happened and who did it?" He asked. I frowned and slowly shook my head, "Don't you want them gone?" He asked and gave me such a confused look. I thought for a moment and leaned against the couch.

"It doesn't matter." I whispered and looked at him, "I just want to be with Aeron."

"But Jon is his Beta, you're going to have to see him some day." Cameron said and curled his lips in disgust, "He needs to pay for what happened to you, they all need to pay."

Cameron pouted as I kept my focus on the tv. I couldn't tell Aeron what happened, I didn't even want to think what had happened. I tried to find entertainment in the movie Cameron had on. But as the men started to shoot each other and hide behind bars I found my eyelids falling, and slowly I fell asleep. My nose rubbed against Aeron's sweatshirt as I fell into a comfortable sleep.

But, it didn't matter if I was comfortable or not as I woke up from a nightmare. The windows were dark and Cameron wasn't on the couch anymore. I took in a deep breath and touched my body as I turned around on the couch. I could hear low voices coming from upstairs. I could smell my mate and was eager to see him. I pushed off the blanket and stood up. I stretched my stiff muscles and started to walk up the stairs. I stretched my arms out as I got to the office and stopped as I heard them speak in hushed voices.

"I'll need you every day until further notice. When we have visitors I'll want you by her side every second of the day unless I'm with her. And I'll also want you on your guard. I'll have guards stationed around the house as well. But none are permitted in this house without our permission." Aeron was saying."Of course Alpha." Cameron said. There was an uncomfortable silence until Aeron spoke.

"You know who hurt her." Aeron didn't ask, he knew the answer, "She didn't even trust Dr. Linn the way she trusts you. I can sense it, you helped her in some way, right?" Aeron asked.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but I can't-"

"You can!" Aeron said loudly in a low voice, "You know what they did, you saw it didn't you? And you didn't go to Beta Jon or myself? If it wasn't for the fact that my Mate likes you I would have killed you." He threatened. I could hear something hit the wall and quickly covered my mouth, "I want to know, I want to know every-" Aeron stopped talking as I walked towards the door. His hazel eyes found mine as he closed his mouth. All I could do was stare at him with wide eyes. Slowly I frowned and pulled my eyebrows together as I turned around.

Biting my tongue, I walked towards our room and pulled off his sweatshirt. Quickly I closed the bedroom door. He threatened Cameron, he had got so angry over not knowing something. I could imagine how he would act if I told him the truth. I walked towards our bed and made a large wall between us with the blankets and pillow. I used one pillow and curled against it as I wrapped my body in a thin sheet. I held onto the pillow as tightly as I could and closed my eyes.